'55 Champion Conestoga on Auto Trader Classics

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

'55 Champion Conestoga on Auto Trader Classics

Postby stevel200 » 2009 May 25 Mon 6:32 pm

'55 Champion Conestoga, for sale on Auto Trader Classics.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/find/vehicle/vehicleDetail.xhtml?adId=67620&conversationId=71732

And you think I paid a lot for mine?
stevel200

Re: '55 Champion Conestoga on Auto Trader Classics

Postby Mike » 2009 May 26 Tue 2:01 pm

That car was on e-bay also.

There was a Conestoga, the same colors at the So. Cal., La Palma meet this weekend.......the main difference...the one I saw was supercharged...and had louvers in the hood. I think it had wire wheels also...(?)
Otherwise, a very simillar "outside" look.

Yea..there's no excuse for that kinda pricing for a car like that. At least in my book.
Not taking away from the car at all...just the person laying the price tag on it.

Steve -
Looks like I may be comming back to the East Coast for a quick coupla days. Not positive on the time frame yet.

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2009 May 26 Tue 6:56 pm

Well .. Its a supposed to be a free world so that would mean that you can ask whatever you want for your treasure. Looks like he is trying to recover every dime that has been spent on a resto that has put the owner upside down. Outside of the dash it appears to be be very well done. Been on Ebay at least twice. Thanx for the heads up Steve. Mike ...Do you ever get up North?
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2009 May 28 Thu 1:14 pm

Sure.
I've been to Prudhoe Bay (10 days) if that counts. Gotta admit that was back in the 70's though!

Na, the furthest north I've gotten receintly is Sonoma (Sears Point) Raceway.

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2009 Jun 01 Mon 9:46 pm

Mike ... I was thinking of something more Canadian. Prudhoe Bay, and I think I live in the great white north! What in the world were you doing there? Musta been in the easy money oil biz?

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2009 Jun 02 Tue 6:54 am

I was thinking of something more Canadian.

I know...but you didn't specify how far north...!

Yea, at the time, I worked for an oil tool company. British Petrolium (at the time it was Arco and British Petrolium) used some of our equipment, but they wanted and paid for us to do the manual labor part of it.
I actually went twice about two months apart. I didn't know all the behind the scene happenings, but the main guy was quitting the company and I was gonna be the new main guy. I didn't know this. And yea, really good money.
Well to ruin a good thing, I also had just accepted a position to go work for B&M Automotive (yea, that B&M). Overall...not one of my better moves. Long sorta funny story, but I was only there for about 6 months.
Quit a fair paying job that was gonna give me 100 bucks a "day" over my reqular pay when I was to make the trips to Alaska...every two months. Normally lasting about 10 day each trip. That was GOOD money back then.
Hey..I was (sort-of'a) a kid with a Pro Gas Anglia, that had a B&M converter. How can I pass that job up..?

And...no, never been to Canada. The farthest north I think was a trip to see a friend in Portland, Or.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA