Chop top Conestoga Wagon...on Ebay...

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Part Numbers

Postby Half Fast One » 2005 Jan 22 Sat 3:40 pm

OK, the number for the kit is 1327975, which consist of :
part number 133009p for the panel. Qty. 2
Number 1330097 for the fastener / clinch. Qty. 24
Number g121752 for the washer/ lock nut No. 8. Qty. 24
Number 3070x2 for the weatherstrip r/q window cover panel - D1 -143". Qty. 2
Number 1294x9 for the anti - squeak r/q window cover panel - D1.Qty. 2
Number 305970p for the bridge, lower tail gate (incl. hinges, springs &
pins) D1 Qty. 1 screw, totail gateNo.6 x 1/2" length. Qty. 9
I am guessing that this is the piece that fits behind the front seat or a piece that is attached to the rear seat and flips up to enclose the rear area. Can't tell for sure by the pictures. Or since it is also available as a optional piece on the Ambulance this is more then likely a bridge covering the opening between the tail gate and the floor.
Number 2017x2 for molding, bridge board - rubber - 61-15/32". Qty. 1
Number 2017x3 for molding, bridge board - rubber - 13-5/16". Qty. 2
As for pictures of what mine looks like , all I can tell you is that it appears that the panels have been welded inplace to cover the windows on ours. Won't know for sure until I strip the Body. Also there where no glass windows in place nor were there any windows there when the other guy bought it, but there are channels in witch they rode. There was no inside covering or insulation behind the the panels either when we bought it or the other guy bought it.. The picture of the panel in the manual appears to have 12 holes around the outside edge so it can be fastened to the body somehow. These may have been covered when someone did body work on the vehicle. Just don't know.
Well, that's my story and just about everything I know about the Panel Express Option. Hope that helps you.
Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Jan 23 Sun 5:06 pm

Hey, that's alright! Now for a web stroll to see what I can find out...

As I'm at a decision point between glass and steel, all the info and pics I can get help my decision out. How 'bout a pic of your panel? It'd be great for posterity... 8)

I even gave thought to an El Camino type look but abandoned the idea. Was a funeral flower car ever built by Studebaker? :?

Now maybe a Lark 'Wagonair' roof with power retract to finish the look and add to the coolness factor... 8)

Happy wagoneering...
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Customs

Postby Half Fast One » 2005 Jan 24 Mon 3:07 am

There is a Bullet Nose Studebaker w/ a El Camino tail on it that runs around here in So. California, south Orange County. Really sharp, been in a bunch of Mags.
Met a guy two years ago with a chopped top Conestoga that was looking for another wagon to cut the back portion of the roof off to turn it into a pick-up or El Camino type vehicle.
If he ever does it, he will show it in Paso Robles, California at there yearly Custom Car Show in Sept.
Roger
Half Fast One

Flower Car

Postby Half Fast One » 2005 Jan 24 Mon 3:16 am

Funeral Flower Cars, like Hearses, for the most part where conversions done by out of factory companies. Don't know of any ever being made. If there where they where probably done in the 20's or 30's. Doubt if anyone would have used a Studebaker from the 50's. To many concerns about Studebaker staying in business. There are books out there with all the different Hearses and Flower Cars. May even be able to check on line somewhere.
Roger
Half Fast One

Stude-Camino

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Jan 29 Sat 11:57 am

Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Previous