dash talk

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

dash talk

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Jan 18 Tue 12:53 am

so mr.conestogaman and i have had a bit of e-mail about the stoga dash and though it would be nice to share because i had no idea there were variations!

from conestogaman e-mail
Also, about the off white dash insert, perhaps this color was standard on the wagons. The black face gauges (I have 2 clusters) are both from sedans. I haven't seen very many to know for sure, but it may be something to look into.

Not sure if you knew, but the wagons were offered with 2 different dash designs... The trapezoidal style (in the blue car in my pics) and the non-trapezoidal with a horizontal row of 4 gauges (and an un-interrupted chrome strip across the entire dash) instead of the trapezoidal cluster.

well... turns out my memory serves me wrong on the off white gages... see photo of mine below
ooooooo.... look at my factory radio delete plate... mmmmm...
and conestogaman is look'n for a wiper knob and asked what it looked like... so here ya go!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Jan 18 Tue 10:44 am

That "Ambulet" badge is cool !!!

My wiper knob is a small black plastic with a "wing" on it. It "looks" stock !?

Having the flathead 6....I've got the same cluster.
I'm looking to swap to the Comander, (V-8 style) though as soon as I can come up with one.

I missed a whole, complete Comander dashboard on e-bay!

I'l send you a shot of mine over the weekend, with the old Sun tach.
Mike

More dashboard musings...

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Jan 20 Thu 10:23 am

Thanks Briz for the honorable mentions. I'd really appreciate others post with pics of the wiper switch knob as I have no idea ('cept for Brizbomb's) what it's s'posed ta look like.

I didn't know the dash changed from Champ to Commander, I was under the impression it was a midyear change type of thing covering both models.

I prefer the Champ style with the trapezoidal guage cluster and have aquired a complete dash out of a 4 door Champ Sedan to install into the Commander.

I am going to be getting rid of my Commander dash and I offer it here and now for all you 'Connie' owners first. It is just the dash shell and I do not have any of the original guages/switches/trim for it. Just make me an offer and it's yours.

I'll have other parts to sell off this car too like factory power steering column/box , and possibly the complete chassis after I look my Champ's frame over to insure it's solid and I don't need it.

Well, enough for now. I'll post parts for sale under that heading. Take care and happy wagoneering 8)
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Feb 27 Sun 9:06 pm

yo! any of ya'll changed your system to 12volt? if so, what did ya do to run the temp & gas gauge. the rest all work but i was told the others need to be converted to 12 volt or somehow drop the voltage to 6 volt before...??? don't think the gas worked when it was 6 volt anyway....

hmmmmm maybe i should go cruse the stude forums http://www.stude.com/phpbb/
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Feb 28 Mon 8:33 am

Hey, Briz...

For the fuel guage you need to get a resistor and run it inline before the guage to drop your voltage from 12v to 6v. Any serious hotrod shop should have em.

Temp guage is (I presume) the same way.

This site may be helpful... 8)

http://www.ytmag.com/articles/artint8.htm
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA