Questionable parts seller ?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Re: Questionable parts seller ?

Postby Half Fast One » 2009 Dec 21 Mon 12:29 pm

Mike;
Forgot to give you my Email address if you don't have it anymore. estro@wildblue.net
Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Jan 20 Wed 1:37 am

UPDATE;

I have as now received 5 different offers to supply me with the parts I advertised for in the SDC Turning Wheels. All of the SUPPLIERS wanted a money transfer or Western Union MoneyGram. None received either.

The funniest part is that I told the original guy that my wife had sent a money gram to another SUPPLIER by mistake. Told guy #1 that guy #5 had told my wife that the other guys must be working out of different locations for the same parts supplier and just go ahead and order from him. Guy #1 then emails me back to inform me that the other guys #2 thru #5 are all scammers and since he was the first and ONLY TRUE SUPPLIER that I should send him only the shipping cost and I can pay him the balance after I get the parts. LOL. He also tells me that the others are not really located in the UK. DUH!!! AND, the others have somehow invaded his computer and gotten his emails between him and his customers. DOUBLE DUH !!!!

Needless to say no one got a penny for shipping or parts. Just be advised that these guys are getting their info about parts wanted from everywhere. Sure hope they never find this site.

[b]Wonder if I should put a parts wanted ad in for Muffler Bearings and Rear Passenger Seat Extenders for my 1952 Corvette? Just a thought, curious to know how much they would want for such precious items? :lol:

Roger
Half Fast One

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Jan 20 Wed 7:14 pm

Roger...Thats funny. Scammers being scammed. 8) If they get back to ya on the seat extenders tell em ya got another player that needs a lower rad hose for a 62 Corvair.
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Jan 20 Wed 11:33 pm

Damn, my friend just sold his set of upper and lower RADIATOR HOSES that fit all Corvairs. Gee wiz I wish you would have ask before. HA!!!

Kind of strange how these scammers all said they were in or around London, UK. There must be some kind of get away with anything thru the UK.

Since a few of them actually suggested using Western Union I contacted W.U. to give them a heads up. They wanted all the info I could give them, Email address etc., but told me there was little they could do. Here's a thought, maybe change the way they send money without the need for I.D.? DUH? Or, how about setting up a sting with the local authorities when it's so obvious? Way to simple. It's still all about making money, the hell with the folks that get scammed. W.U. still gets paid and then will tell the poor soul that got scammed that they should have been more diligent and done a better check on the person they sent the money too.

Enough ranting. Although I wonder about the folks sending money to help those in Haiti?

Roger...
Half Fast One

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA