Looking for Stainless trim

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Looking for Stainless trim

Postby s2dwagon » 2009 Dec 29 Tue 9:07 pm

I am in need of the stainless trim pieces that go on the inside of the door panels.

My wagon is a 55 flat window, I don't know if that makes a difference in the trim pieces, but thought I should mention it just in case.

Also, I could use the metal piece that goes on the kick panels, mine were rusted out when the floors went south.

Thanks,

Scott
s2dwagon

Re: Looking for Stainless trim

Postby Mike » 2009 Dec 30 Wed 1:13 pm

Hey Scott -

Tough requests here.

No help from my pile-o-stuff.
Remember, sedan prats fit the wagon also.
The steel part of the kick panels are part of the floor/firewall aren't they? I have a very "parts car" 54, but those areas are trash on that car too...sorry.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2009 Dec 31 Thu 1:06 am

Scott, Mike;

The only Sedan trim for the inside will be Dash and trim off the doors of a 2dr. sedan only, if I'm not mistaken. Trim behind the door will be different. The same thing applys to outside trim.

Might try putting a Ad in the Studebaker Drivers Club Magazine and local Club Rags also. A lot of guys customize these wagons and dont use the trim at all.

Check out the trim inside a Jensen Healey, 1973 thru 1976? Jensen Healey also made a 2dr. wagon with thin trim that would look good also. Delta Motorsports in Phoenix may be able to help. I remember this since I restored a 1974 Conv. a long time ago. Heck, if you start checking the, outside, trim on the older vehicles both domestic and foreign you will be surprised at what you might be able to adapt.

Of course if it's original your looking for then good luck. I'll check my pile of trim but pretty sure I don't have any spare stuff.

Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2009 Dec 31 Thu 11:22 am

Jenson Healey made a wagon.....?

I remember "hammer flaring" (a big roll over type flair) the rear fenders on a J.H. roadster/convertable back it the early 70's for a neighbor.
That thing was one tuff SOB. By the time I was done, my right forearm was almost 2" bigger around than my left...! I looked deformed.

Roll up to a year or so ago...I found that there weren't that many of those made, I kinda felt bad that I totally destroyed one of the few.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2009 Dec 31 Thu 11:59 pm

Yes Sir;

They made a 2 dr. wagon the last year or two. I've got pictures, just don't know how to show them here. We had the 74 Jensen Healey Conv. with the lotus 4 cyl. OHC engine that was factory built and a 1973 Jensen Interceptor, hand built, that had the Chrysler 440 C.I. motor.

Restored both to Concour. Showed for a year all over the USA and Canada. Sold both at auction before moving to California back in 1987. The Healey ended up in a private collectors museum in Erie PA. The Interceptor went to a collector in Northeast, PA. about 50 miles apart. Had bidders from around the world. Funny how things turn out. Both buyers had a chance to buy either or both vehicles before I consigned them with the Auction house. Didn't want to pay my asking price for either of them. Ha!!! Both paid way to much for them when they started bidding against each other.

New Years wish, Studebakers will someday become as wanted. Guess it will be awhile before the collectors see them as the wanted, popular vehicles that we see. We need some folks to spend a whole lot of money restoring a few to better then new condition and then running them around the Auction Circuit. Yeah, like that's going to happen. LOL

Happy New Year and wishing you all better days ahead.

Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA