Switch to full style
Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!
Post a reply

55 Conestoga Ulta Vista Drivers door

2010 Jan 04 Mon 8:48 pm

Howdy and Happy New Year Folks. I am in need of a Drivers door for 1955 Ultra Vista Conestoga or 2 Door Sedan. I would certainly prefer rust free as the one that came on my Oregon car is anything but rust free. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx for looking....Al

Re: 55 Conestoga Ulta Vista Drivers door

2010 Jan 05 Tue 12:59 pm

Hey Al -

You may be able to ask for a Packard door also.
But I guess you're already looking for the unobtainable...!

That's supposidly what I got to put on my pink 55 wagon. But...it is a wrap-around windshield version.

Good luck.

Mike

2010 Jan 05 Tue 4:36 pm

Mr. Mike ...Yup that door that I am looking for is made of unobtainium. FITS Half of one year only and only fits Models D and model F4 with wraparound shield. Any door from 55 till Larks in 1962 will fit opening. Late 55 2 door only year with Scallop indentation in it! The search goes on. May take the bottom part of a 53, 54 door and graft it to the top part if I cant find anything. Damn cant say whoa in a mudhole. Thanx for the Packard thought....Al

2010 Feb 01 Mon 8:53 pm

Don't know if this will help but, check Craigslist Imperial County for Studebaker Parts. There is a 1958 Scotsman for sale, no picture, $1,000.00 . Craigslist I.D. 1537981404. There is also a 1955 Wagon for sale in San Diego. WAY TOO MUCH, $3,500.00 for junker.Pictures included.

Roger

2010 Feb 01 Mon 8:57 pm

DUH!!! Did it again, the 58 is listed under L.A. Maybe Riverside also. Damn finger pushes all the wrong letters. Ha!!!!

Roger

2010 Feb 02 Tue 12:26 pm

Roger...Thanx for the help but I'm not gonna pay $1000.00 for some sight unseen 58 lump to get a door that is not correct anyway. The 1500 miles away does not work for me either. At this time I am looking at ways to make a similar locally available door work. With a little luck this will work. Failing that the search continues. Thanx again for the thoughts.

Al

2010 Feb 02 Tue 3:29 pm

I understand, just thought it might be worth a Email to check it out. Never know the guy may part out. It's not like you don't have a friend or two in the area that could check it out.
Just a thought.
Roger

2010 Feb 04 Thu 10:41 pm

Roger...Again I gotta say thanks for the thought. I surely am flattered by the friends shot. Reality is that my time window is closing as the body shop that I have my Connie in wants to move along. They are in the midst of making 2 doors 1 as we speak. Thier sheet metal work is artwork but it comes at a price that I was trying to tame.

Again...Many Thanx...Hi-Per Al
Post a reply