New Conestoga Owner

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

New Conestoga Owner

Postby Stu Cool » 2010 Feb 24 Wed 10:00 pm

Hello,

I'm Pat Dilling, I live in Olivehurst, CA about 35 miles North of Sacramento. Just got my Conestoga. Its a '54 Champion Vin G927716. I found it on Craig's list. It was advertised near Boise Idaho and one of the Studebaker Driver's Club forum posters pointed it out to the group. I made the call and shortly after made the deal. I lucked out and found someone coming down this way with an empty trailer and he agreed to bring it down for me for some gas money. Here's a Picture or two.

Drive train, flat 6 with 3 spd OD is shot, but not going to use it anyway. Body has just a little rust, drivers floor has been poorly repaired and will need to be redone. It's my retirement project in a couple years. In the mean time I will be figuring out what to do with it and gathering parts. I Have another Studebaker, a '53 Custom Starlight. I'll be checking in from time to time. How do I put pictures in the Gallery?

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Re: New Conestoga Owner

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Feb 25 Thu 9:35 am

Howdy Pat and welcome aboard. Did your unit come from a fella by the name of Delbert Crossley ? He very recently had a couple of 54 Conestogas for sale just east of Boise in Nampa.

On the picture thing I believe that you go to the registry page and tic BRIZ and send your flix to him and he will put them up.

I have been wrong before.

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Stu Cool » 2010 Feb 25 Thu 8:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome Al. This one did come from Nampa, but the owner was Brian Calkins. He has had it for a few years, but never got a chance to do anything with it. It was previously owned by Stanley Buckley. Nampa must be a hotbed of Conestogas.

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Postby Mike » 2010 Feb 26 Fri 3:39 pm

Hey Pat -

I saw your new purchase on the SDC site.

Welcome to our tiny little group here. Seems there only a couple (3 maybe 4) of us that check in regularly.
Yea...what Al said about your registry pictures.

Have fun with it...and if we can help with anything, let us know, we'll give a try.

Though...in case you haven't figured this out by now...there aint much out there, specific for our cars.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Feb 26 Fri 6:14 pm

Welcome also;

As Mike said there are only a few of us that frequent this site on a regular basis. Sometimes I'm one of them, other times it slips my mind. Ha!!

Yep, there was a Studebaker Dealership over there in Nampa according to Delbert. He told me that he had bought a bunch of stuff there when the dealership went out of business. Would not surprise me if Delbert knew about your Studebaker or may have even once owned it. He's in his 70's and his daily driver is? Of course a Studebaker!!!

Hope you have a pursistant streak in you since finding parts and such for these can take a lot of searching. Once you get hooked though it's tough to get away from them. Personnally I've had mine for almost 8 years and still have not started to really work on it. Just keep on collecting parts etc.

Hope this little group of guys can help. Please be sure to keep us informed as to how things are going and let us know about anybody parting one out. Of course we expect you to let Mike and me know FIRST. Ha!!!!

Either way you go either stock or custom someone here will be able to help you get in trouble. Hopefully someone else here will be able to help. We do try.

Oh, by the way if you do have that little piece of slanted script on the tailgate that says Conestoga that you are probably going to throw away? PLEASE THROW IT MY WAY!!!! Ok guys at least give me credit for trying. :lol: LOL

Roger...
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Nick Wilson » 2010 Mar 01 Mon 5:22 pm

Congratulations on your new purchase.
Nick Wilson

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA