Stoen Stude

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Stoen Stude

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Feb 26 Fri 8:55 pm

We need to keep our eyes open just in case. Even if it's not a wagon.. sale-zsr32-1610130816@craigslist.org

Ya gots to be careful with your new OLD toys...

Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: Stoen Stude

Postby Stu Cool » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 11:33 am

Roger, you link just goes to an Emial address, what car was stolen and where?

thanks

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Postby Mike » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 4:56 pm

I think it's an older post. May just be out of date.

It's one of the guys from the racing sight that had his 40/41 stolen from his driveway.

Just too many lowlifes not 6" under...

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 8:22 pm

That's the one. first time I came across the theft story. Hope the guy get's his Studebaker back.

Now our local little tale of stolen stuff.

We live in a very isolated rural area. One road in, same road out. Had a couple of guys come into the area and steal a bunch of stuff. Things like cars, tractors, atv's, Semi,which they used to take stuff out and bring things back, even had enough nerve to bring trailers and RV'S that they stole from other area's and park them here. They even burned down a old historic Home in the area. Since this was the first time for this to happen in the area and a lot of the stuff was taken from land and 2nd. homes that are only visited a few times a year it was not noticed right away. Since most crooks are not the brightest bulbs in the Arcade, as soon as the reports started coming in the local Sheriff was able to get ahold of the situation. In a matter of a few months they had the leader of the group. you got to love this DNA stuff and how they take samples in Prison now. Now the Sheriff is trying to find out what conection the bad guys had with this area. Maybe someone local had a hand in the thefts?

We that live here are a lot more interested in anything out of the ordinary now. We take down license plate numbers and contact the neighbors checking on everything. Some of the old timers are even carrying their guns along side them in their vehicles, can't hold them and drive, then need one hand to hold their beer. What's more important drinkin' or shootin' someone? Can you say PARANOID????

I remember when we lived in a walled neighborhood of 500 homes in Orange County, CA. and had a young man 2 doors down that had broke into about 30+ homes before they caught him. Nobody could believe that someone would break into homes in that FINE community. HA!!! And then it would be someone's son that lived there. Another HA!!!

I guess in closing, it's just don't think it can't happen to you or your neighbors. And if it does, hope your neighbors don't bring out their guns...

Roger.....
Half Fast One

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 8:31 pm

Forgot;

The guy buys the car. Has it delivered the same day. It's parked in his driveway. He leaves for a short time. Some guys with a trailer stop and winch it on their trailer and so long 41 Studebaker. Ventura CA.

Me Again.. With the rest of the original post about a sto-L-en Stude..

I'm Old and Forgetful.
Half Fast One

Postby raoul5788 » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 10:06 pm

Half Fast One wrote:Forgot;

The guy buys the car. Has it delivered the same day. It's parked in his driveway. He leaves for a short time. Some guys with a trailer stop and winch it on their trailer and so long 41 Studebaker. Ventura CA.

Me Again.. With the rest of the original post about a sto-L-en Stude..

I'm Old and Forgetful.

What happened, did someone tell you to get the L out of there? :lol:
Chip
'63 Cruiser - daily driver
'57 Packard wagon
'61 4 dr Lark wagon
raoul5788

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Feb 27 Sat 11:11 pm

So, you have met or someone has told you about my wife. She is always telling me where to go or what to do.

Warning! This is what happens between taking her to her Prom and 43 years later. Ha!!!
Half Fast One

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA