Switch to full style
Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!
Post a reply

Re: Parts number

2010 Mar 05 Fri 2:28 pm

The OEM one I have is 1" O.D.

Scott

2010 Mar 05 Fri 4:16 pm

Hey Scott -

Pipe or tubing is round on the inside....not a good seat for the nut/washer.
Should be nice and flat for the nut and or washer.

Mike

2010 Mar 05 Fri 5:18 pm

Wow;

A little discussion and all kinds of answers. The pipe and, IF NEEDED, a couple of flat washers is a real simple fix. Just saw the pipe at a 45 degree angle.

Started my search for the round stock. Nothing yet. As far as square stock, square tube or round tube, I will see what I've got.

May not be till Monday as it is supposed to rain up here this weekend. Can't get into either the Container or the Trailer without leaving the doors or ramp open.

As far as cost. If I can do it, all I need is the cost to ship them.

roger...

2010 Mar 05 Fri 6:54 pm

OK;

Looks as if I have found the only stuff that I have that might work.

Only piece of 1" round stock is only about 6" long and it is thick wall stock NOT pipe w/a 5/8" hole. This has a lot of rattle room for a 7/16" bolt. With a lot of luck I might be able to cut 2 sets, maybe only 1 set.

Next piece I have is a 5/8" round stock w/a 15/32" pre-drilled hole which is not dead center. 7/16" bolt fits well. Might be able to get 1 or 2 sets out of it. Again a short piece and tough holding at 45 degree angle in my band saw.

Last piece is a 4' long piece of square tubing that is 5/8" outside and 1/2" inside. No problems with a piece this long, could get a bunch of sets out of this piece, 7/16" bolt fits with a little rattle room and can NOT get a 1/2" bolt thru it at all. Not sure if this is strong enough without using a flat washer on both ends. Would need to find a metric washer that fit tight to the bolt or a SAE 3/8" washer that was big enough to get a 7/16" bolt through.

Let me know what you would like to try if anything.

Not wanting to drag this out but, my neighbor has a lathe and might even have some 1" round stock. Will check with him in a day or two when I see him. If he has it he will be able to punch, DRILL, a 7/16" hole thru it on his lathe. Will discuss cost if any when I talk to him. Probably not worth the cost if he has to cut a piece down to 1" first. He is just a neighbor not my BFF. Ha!!!

Roger...

PS: I don't know why but I have these I beams that are about 8' long by 10" high and 3" wide, plus a bunch of other large pieces of metal that I will probably never use. Cool living out in the country with no HOA. Ha!!!

2010 Mar 06 Sat 3:34 pm

Just posting this to get it up on top and find out if anyone is interested in these shims? Might be going to town next week and if I do I will stop by the Metal Dealer to see what I can find.

Roger...

2010 Mar 07 Sun 9:13 am

Scott...Many thanx for the specifications for said spacer. Make it much easier to reproduce when you have a map.

Roger...Thanx for the offer but for me the only folks that would win on your offer are the post office and the customs police, so I will make my own.

Al

2010 Mar 07 Sun 2:01 pm

Yea...me too, all my cars have the required spacers.

But thanks for the offer.

Mike

2010 Mar 19 Fri 7:45 pm

Thanks guys, really appriciate the replies.
Post a reply