Hopefully Helpful Hints

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Hopefully Helpful Hints

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Apr 12 Mon 4:13 pm

Hi guys;

Not sure if you all know about these two Companies or not. They carry enough stuff that you should be able to make something work for that, " I'M UNABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE !" part that you have been asking about.

Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. P.O. Box 328, Windber, PA 15963 814-467-9842, 814-467-9282 (9:00am-5:00pm EST)
Fax 814-467-5323 Web site http://www.restorationspecialties.com Email info@restorationspecialties.com The last catalog I have is a 2005 it's illustrated and cost $3.50.. They carry window channel, vent window rubber,bumpers & grommets, glass setting channels, trim fasteners, moulding bolds, moulding fasteners, windshield & rear window clip kits, screws & nuts of all types and if I keep going I will just bore you. You need to check with them, get a catalog and start matching stuff from other vehicles. Etc...

Steele Rubber Products,6180 E. NC 150 HWY, Denver, NC 28037 800-544-8665 Fax 704-483-6650 Web site www.steelerubber.com Available 24/7 The last catalog I have is a 2009. Also Illustrated. Since I have bought stuff from them it was free. Catalog cost $5.00 USA, $7.00US Canada, $15.00US Europe, $20.00US Elsewhere. They carry stuff for mostly GM Vehicles but also Ford including Lincoln, Mercury, Ford Trucks, Jeep, Some Independents including Studebaker, and Misc. STUFF. They carry engine mounts, brake & clutch pedals, steering & suspension stuff, windshield moulding & stuff, vent & side window moulding & stuff, conv top stuff, door moulding & stuff, quarter window stuff, rear window stuff, etc... Again, get a catalog and start matching STUFF.....

Now please, don't call me asking what they have that might match your whatchamajigger, doohickey, thingamabob. I DON'T KNOW and I'm not checking. You need to check out their stuff in their catalogs.

I sure hope this helped some one. Way to much one finger typing in one day for me. Ha!!

It's OK to let me know if it helped, I'm really not that cranky. Ha!!

Roger....
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: Hopefully Helpful Hints

Postby raoul5788 » 2010 Apr 13 Tue 7:25 am

They are both good. Unfortunately, neither has the rear door vent window rubber for the '57 wagons. :cry: I know because I have gone so far as to call them and talk to some of those "in the know" there. Bill Fennessey suggested I try what Jerry Kaiser did, find something close and make it fit!
Chip
'63 Cruiser - daily driver
'57 Packard wagon
'61 4 dr Lark wagon
raoul5788

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Apr 14 Wed 12:30 am

Another little hint;

Take a piece of cardboard and make a pattern of the vent window. Be sure to mark pivot points top and bottom. Take this to Car Shows, Swap Meets, Used Auto Parts Emporiums ( Junk Yards for us Old Farts ) and see what matches at least to the pivot points. The angle and curve do not matter as much as the distance between the pivot points. Take a piece of wire to get a accurate measurement. Everything past that can be trimmed off. It's worked for me a couple of times.

Just trying to be helpful if you haven't thought about trying this.

Roger...
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby raoul5788 » 2010 Apr 14 Wed 4:48 am

Half Fast One wrote:Another little hint;

Take a piece of cardboard and make a pattern of the vent window. Be sure to mark pivot points top and bottom. Take this to Car Shows, Swap Meets, Used Auto Parts Emporiums ( Junk Yards for us Old Farts ) and see what matches at least to the pivot points. The angle and curve do not matter as much as the distance between the pivot points. Take a piece of wire to get a accurate measurement. Everything past that can be trimmed off. It's worked for me a couple of times.

Just trying to be helpful if you haven't thought about trying this.

Roger...

Good thinking, Roger. Thanks for the tip.
Chip
'63 Cruiser - daily driver
'57 Packard wagon
'61 4 dr Lark wagon
raoul5788

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA