For those who like old pictures

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Re: For those who like old pictures

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Oct 26 Tue 3:45 pm

I believe that the bottom row appears to be heater motors. Not a clue as to what is piled on them though.

I did not know that gin and tonic was a macular stimulant. I have always depended on cranberry and soda with a splash of vodka to make things way more understhanable! Hic!

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Nov 01 Mon 5:44 pm

Me thinks Ye may add a bit more then a SPLASH of Vodka ? Shall we belly up to thy BAR and discuss this over a drink or more ?

Of course only after we are done working on our beloved Connies, nae before....

Roger..
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Nov 01 Mon 10:33 pm

My Bar is always open and any boby on this site is welcome at it! Just bring your snow shoes! :P

Maybe instead of heater motors , they bee front hub assembies on the bottom of that skid. Its the Vodka ....Really!
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Nov 02 Tue 12:03 am

Snowshoes;

Reminds me of when we moved to Erie, PA. I arrived at my new work location the 1st. of May in a short sleeve shirt after leaving a hot Cincinnati, OH. that morning. I arrived in Erie greeted by 2 feet of snow that was still on the ground but fortunately not on the roads.

Being completely caught off guard with the weather, I asked the local jokingly "When does summer get here?" He answered "4Th. of July." I asked him "You don't get warm weather till the 4Th. of July?" He answered " No, we celebrate warm weather and Summer on the 4Th. of July whether we get it or not."

The first year was beautiful with all the snow. The next 14 years grew worse each year. That's why we will probably never leave Southern California. Even up in the mountains where we live we may only get a few days of really cold weather and possible snow, but we sure don't need to shovel it. Ha!!!

Spoiled....
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2010 Nov 02 Tue 7:01 am

Ahhh...yes...Southern California.

For as crappy as things are here....it's still a nice place to be.

My trips to Baltimore...were pretty nice. To see so much green, trees, bushes, forrest's, "unscrewed with land".....was great, but...So. Cal.s got almost everything...
From gangs killing each other, to the mountains (motorcycle riding) to the beach (girls), back to the desert (El Mirage)...and dare I say Hollywood with all the weirdos and qu**rs...

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Nov 03 Wed 7:44 pm

Well only 57F here today. We have some of the prettiest Rocky Mountains, awesome cold water fishing lakes, wildlife abundant, and beatiful unspoiled land. On the dark side, About 260 miles from here we have the asshole of the earth known by you folks as the Alberta Tar sands. This bunghole do keep the economy somewhat stimulated though.

No gang killings and not much for mexicans or black folks.I think the cold has something to do with that, although we do have some turbanized folks an some Somalis. Seems they like the cold better than thier homelands. Yoiks. For years I been telling any of them folks that we mush our dogsleds down mainstreet on July 1 each year. That dont seem to work no more.

Regardless my bar is still open. So cmon and belly up. Mostly good Canadian Whisky and local distilled Vodka. Sure that I got a bottle or two of Gordons as well as a pretty fair menu of Scotch. If you folks are ever in the hood be sure to check it out.

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Nov 03 Wed 8:55 pm

BTW...On the topic of the OLD PICTURE....Whidlyditts on the cart on left are heater motors with the duct hose and clamps attached. Cart on rite looks like Aframe and knuckels. Only Connie with a taillite is at the very back of the assembly line facing the wall. Dark with white top and only partly in the pic. This line Musta just been in a corner of the plant somewhere.

Man you gotta luv that Goooooooooood Canadian Whisk.

TTFN....Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Nov 03 Wed 10:03 pm

And I will, Drink to that!!! Hic.... As a young man I barely remember. CC and Ice please......

Roger...
Half Fast One

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA