Is it Friday yet...?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Re: Is it Friday yet...?

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Nov 07 Sun 11:47 pm

Al;

That about sums it up. A old friend of ours was born in Canada and married a Gal from the States. They have lived the past 25 - 30 years here and he has never given up Canadian Citizenship just because of the Health Care.

My little shot in the leg, Over $135.000.00 and still climbing. Wife's Insurance just about the best we can afford along with it being a benefit from her job and it still cost $3,500.00 out of pocket just for this incident.

I couldn't go back to Smoking without it costing me more then $58.00 a month. HA!!!! Gave that up 25 years ago.

Roger....
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Nov 09 Tue 10:11 pm

Roger...That little shoot em up hiccup would have curtailed my racing career at the Retail price. Half way through my tests with two to go. All on the taxpayers. My turn!

On the smokes thing good choice 25 years ago! i have been a closet smoker since my first Cancer bout. No smoke 7 years, smoke 1 1/2 years, no smoke 5 years, smoke 2 years and so on. Now I am 2 years and seven months quitting. I think that I can stay quitting for the rest of my days. Quitting is the key with me. The minute I think I have quit, I quit quitting.
HMMMMMMM...Maybe give it up?

Hey Mike.....Hawaya?

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Nov 10 Wed 1:44 am

For me it's just simple enough to know that I'm just ONE cigarette away from starting again. Damned if I'll let that ONE take over my life again. It was nothing but a habit that I let take over my judgement. But the coffee tasted better, the finish to that great meal, Ah, and the smoke after SEX ? I no longer drink coffee instead I drink tea. The finish to that great meal is now a piece of chocolate candy, and that smokin' SEX ? Still there, never needed that cigarette anyway. HA!!!

You never quit a bad habit. Your just content to go day by day without it. You should be able to rule your own life and not let a drug maker, cigarette manufacturer, decide for you.

Roger.
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2010 Nov 10 Wed 1:08 pm

Ah yes...sex..remember it well. Haven't had a girlfriend in a while...!

Beside that smoking...aahh, nasty stuff. Stinks too much.
I did smoke cigars for a while, a LONG time ago.

Mike
Mike

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA