New 3 wheel Studebaker

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

New 3 wheel Studebaker

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Dec 26 Sun 4:54 am

When did this start?

STUDEBAKERAUTOMOTIVE.TK

I don't even know how I got there? Just surfing I guess?

Roger...
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: New 3 wheel Studebaker

Postby Mike » 2010 Dec 26 Sun 6:26 pm

Geeze..what's the world comming to..?
And why the old tech. on this new...vehicle ? The twin tires should be in the front...not the rear for a safe, good handling three wheeler.

And if/when gas gets to 5 bucks a gallon, I'll continue to do what I've done for the last 25+ years...drive my bikes. One of my Buells gets 45/46mpg. And I still drive my Stude as required....

Mike
Mike

Re: New 3 wheel Studebaker

Postby Half Fast One » 2010 Dec 26 Sun 7:26 pm

Mike;

Remember this thing is made in Asia, China, and most of the roads are not capable of handling anything that goes over 35 mph. Plus they make them as cheap as possible. Why change to a design that would be safer, and more expensive, since the streets are so crowded in countries like Japan, India, Viet Nam, etc. where they are sold. It's just a step up from a 3 wheeled bicycle. Anything with 2 wheels out front would be a nightmare to drive over there. 1 wheel out front means more metal to protect that 1 wheel ... And still push through traffic.

I guess that's why they are not legally able to be sold in this country. I'm not a golfer, but I would not even want to operate this thing on a golf course. Hum? Maybe good to use in mini Demolition Derby since they usually use the rear end to smack into other vehicles?

Roger...
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA