Registry pictures

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Registry pictures

Postby Mike » 2005 Feb 10 Thu 12:38 pm

Heeyyyy Roger and CM....when are you guys gonna put pictures up on the Registry page.

In Rogers case, you can always change it later! Just be good to see another car, how ever covered up!

And CM's case, hell you've got two to put up. Is that your black primer wagon, real low with the blower, wide white walls in the shots of the Sacr. meet earlier this year?
Mike

yea!

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Feb 11 Fri 10:11 am

yea! more photos in the registry!

did ya see the photo of Randy Segar's 54 "wagon" in custom rodder mag???
it was a 54 4-door sedan. he grafted a 70's GM wagon top on it!
and ah 500" cad in it! (march 05 issue page 25)
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Feb 16 Wed 10:04 am

"Heeyyyy Roger and CM....when are you guys gonna put pictures up on the Registry page. (snip)

And CM's case, hell you've got two to put up."

Well, it's kinda hard to pose my cars while they rest on jackstands, but I'll work on it...

"Is that your black primer wagon, real low with the blower, wide white walls in the shots of the Sacr. meet earlier this year?"

No, only one of my cars has ever run under it's own power, and that was just around the block to prove to my wife it 'runs'. If it didn't, she'd get rid of the cars and me... :(

I had removed the eng/trans and put in a Chev 350/350 and then I got a change of heart and re-installed the original eng/trans and made them work. I pulled the pans off the eng and trans and cleaned them well, and I sprayed WD-40 into the top of the cylinders and up into the lower cylinder walls from below as well as the rods (both ends) and mains. :wink:

I sprayed every 1/4 turn for 5 revolutions and then re-installed the pans with homade gaskets and promptly overtightened them in my enthusiasm. The gas came from my small boat fuel tank under the hood, gravity fed to the pump. I disabled the wiring (electrical system) as it's all crumbling and would've caused more problems for me. :shock:

When I started it for the first time after a 16 year (or better) sleep, it smoked like crazy! I revved it a little and it settled into a smooth high idle. After a bit of fiddling, I got it to idle down a bit more, but I think it was still a bit too high. :?

The smoking diminished as it ran and warmed up but one thing I didn't forsee was the large family of mice that were calling my muffler home. The stink was incredible and there were burned bits of chewed rags etc. that blew out along with a few charred bodies. Of course the windows in the house were all open and the winds were favorable to maximize the smell in the house. :shock:

I drove it under it's own power around the block, at about 10:30 pm and with no lights. I then parked it back in the garage and put it back on jackstands where it now sits waiting for me to find the winning lotto ticket or a big bag of money just lying around. 8)

Now the Champ is back to original 'cept for a couple emblems and other options that'd I'd like to add (a bit of fluff...).

The Commander re-birth is 'officially' under way. I have aquired the T&T column from a Caddy, the engine sits in my garage awaiting a rebuild, and my buddy found me a S-10 4x4 Blazer for the chassis but I'll have to stretch it about 14" or so. I still have to separate the body from the chassis and install front floor pans and a driver's side rocker panel.

The rest of the body is pretty rust free and will clean up nicely. All the window seals seem to be readily available. Now if only I can find a lower front scoop just laying around somewhere, I'll be set... (that and the aforementioned big bag of money) 8)

Take care...
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Pic's

Postby Half Fast One » 2005 Feb 25 Fri 7:27 pm

OK, I'll try and get a shot of the open garage. With any luck you might be able to see the vehicles. HA .....
Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

MORE!

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Mar 12 Sat 4:43 pm

DUDES! another conestoga in the registry!
check it out! http://conestoga.brizbomb.com/photo_alb ... ml1.0.html
AND REMEMBER TO HIT "REFRESH" OR "RELOAD" AFTER YOU ENTER THE REGISTRY TO SEE THE NEW PHOTOS!!!!

the newest member in the registry is Torbjörn Jönsegård from Sweden!

[img]http://conestoga.brizbomb.com/images/1954TorbjörnJönsegård1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://conestoga.brizbomb.com/images/1954TorbjörnJönsegård.jpg[/img]
COOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!! thanks, Torbjörn!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Mar 14 Mon 10:37 am

Welcome Torbjorn.

And we thought we have rare cars, you've got one of TWO in your corner of the world!?!?!

Mike
Mike

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Mar 15 Tue 12:00 am

can you believe that $h!t???? :shock:
i about fell off my chair when i opened my e-mail that day!
thanks Torbjörn for blowing my mind.

what's that crazy trailer? and i thougt owing a Travco was cool
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Apr 19 Tue 11:55 pm

mike sent me a updated photo of his ride for the registry and it's now up!

you may have to hit 'refresh' or 'reload' to see the new image once your on the registry page.
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Apr 27 Wed 3:30 pm

hi-per al is now in the registry!

http://conestoga.brizbomb.com/photo_alb ... ml1.0.html

Please note that some of the old pages may still be cached and not display properly until you use the Refresh function of your browser.
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Apr 28 Thu 11:31 am

Hey, he's officially here...welcome Al. 8)

Funny, you saying you are going to paint your wagon soon....well, I'm looking at a little body work and going semi-flat black for a final color!
The interior will stay light blue, it is the original color...or at least close. Just got all the Commander stuff (the entire dash) to replace the Champian dash and spent a bunch of money for paint....light blue!

Thanks Briz for swapping photos for me. This one looks a lot better, better angle and as much as I was going to leave the white walls....looks much better without'em.
Mike

Next

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA