Conestoga Script

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Conestoga Script

Postby hi-per al » 2010 Dec 30 Thu 12:22 pm

The Conestoga in this addy has one. Not sure of condition. The owner says he can send a better pic than the one on his site. He wants $55.00 plus S&H.

This link is to his Ebay listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

This link is to his website that shows pic of this script.
http://klassiccarparts.org/1955Studebak ... Wagon.aspx

Happy New Year!

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Re: Conestoga Script

Postby Mike » 2010 Dec 30 Thu 4:56 pm

Hmmm...that poor car's seen better days hasn't it..?

Normally I'd say the script is kinda like that ol unobtainium stuff...
But in this case...if the script looks like the grill surround...I'd bet it more chrome blister than good pot metal !

Too bad.

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Jan 02 Sun 5:46 pm

Mr. Mike... You certainly may be rite about non pristine although the vendor never did send me a photo. Regardless I would have considered this a find when all I had was "Conest". Certainly better than nothing for someone on a quest.

Happy New Year....Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Half Fast One » 2011 Jan 02 Sun 9:01 pm

Al;

Your not alone. I requested info on other parts. Have not heard back from him either. He might have celebrated a little to much over the holidays. HA!!!

Do you know what 98% of Americans say when sliding into a ditch during a snow storm ?

OH SHIT!!!

Do you know who the other 2% are ?

Folks from Georgia.

Do you know what they say ?

HERE, HOLD MY BEER. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN !!!!!!

Roger...

GEE'S. It's just a joke insert any State or Country.
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby s2dwagon » 2011 Jan 06 Thu 8:53 pm

As far as the script goes, it is complete and still installed on the back tailgate. You can see it in his pictures he has on his website. I talked to Jake regarding a gas tank, as you know I still need one. He called me back and told me there is one on this car, but his price was not in line. (my opinion) I could have one custom made for what his would cost, plus freight, plus repair, etc. and I may just do that if I can't find one for a more reasonable price. The rest of the car looks pretty rough, in my estimation.

If you need to, just give him a call, he should call back if he is not available at the time.

Best of the new year to all,

Scott
s2dwagon

Postby Half Fast One » 2011 Jan 06 Thu 9:19 pm

Scott;

I'm almost afraid to ask, but I will anyway, what did he want for the tank? If you don't mine telling?

I have my tank out and can give you measurements, if you need them?

Like Mike, I have seen tanks for other vehicles that are pretty close to those in the wagons.

Good Luck.

Roger....
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2011 Jan 07 Fri 6:16 pm

I've got one out also. I think when I have time in the near future, I'll call one or two of these "restoration" tank builders and give them some numbers to see if they have something....close..!

I'm not "restoring" anything, so an exact replica isn't required. I don't mind welding on a tab or moving something.

The tank in my 54 wagon was a new SASCO tank...for a coupe. I just took out the filler tube (soldered in)...made a new hole in the already in place flat spot in the corner, bent the edges for a nice solder fillet and soldered the the filler neck in place. Made a big ol "patch" and soldered in on where the filler neck was originally.

I also moved the fuel outlet(s) to the lower rear of the tank. I used two 3/8" brake lines. Since I had the big hole cut into it to clear the quick change axle, I put the two lines about 3" apart, soldered them to the bottom of the tank. Right now, I've just got one outlet connected...but I decided to use two, because the line from the rear to the engine is 1/2". I didn't want to put a monster 1/2" AN fitting that all could see at the back of the car. With two 3/8" lines going into a "Y" fitting and into the 1/2" line in an out of the way location, where it can't be seen by just standing behaind the car..

Anyway...all that is to say...the tank "can" come from a Lark coupe if you don't mind doing some rework.

Mike

P.s. - Sorry for hijacking into the script thread...I didn't start it..!
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Jan 14 Fri 11:27 pm

Jake sent me a pic of the CONESTOGA SCRIPT. Unbroken and not near as badly pitted as the front grille parts. Dropped the price to $45.00 plus estimated $8.50 shipping. Just email him and he can send you the pic if he still has the script.
BTW...He wont take Paypal.

Cheers....Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA