Barrett-Jackson Conestoga

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Barrett-Jackson Conestoga

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Jan 20 Thu 8:54 pm

This rig has been Ebayed to death as well for sale on other sites and it has finally found a home at Barrett-Jackson.

Lot# 635

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applicat ... 01/20/2011
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Re: Barrett-Jackson Conestoga

Postby Mike » 2011 Jan 24 Mon 7:46 am

So does the info on the page mean it sold ?

Way (in my mind) too much bucks...for that car.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2011 Jan 24 Mon 11:31 am

Hi Mike;

Barrett-Jackson Auctions are NO RESERVE Auctions. Seller agrees to accept whatever the last bid is. Selling price listed, $22,000.00, includes commission paid. Only way SELLER can retain vehicle, if he doesn't want to sell at last bid, is if he is last bidder on his own vehicle and that means he pays both Buyer and Seller's commission. Not positive but I think it's 8 1/2 % seller and 10 % buyer Fees. So roughly the actual selling price was around $18,500.00 ? Of course the seller also had to pay just to have vehicle listed. Just goes to show you there are a LOT of people with more dollars then sense.... If you get my meaning?

Years ago I used to work the Auto Auctions, buying and selling for speculators and dealers. Got out of that business after the government got into tracking Vin's., Vehicle ID Numbers, mileage, ownership records etc. Fortunately I never bought or sold anything in my name or with my check.

Even today you are not sure if you get your money as seller or vehicle as buyer. Some of the biggest Auction Houses have gone under leaving Buyers and Sellers with bad paper and no vehicles.

Not a place I would want to deal with. Although B-J is one of the best.

Just a old man's opinion...

Roger....
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Jan 24 Mon 9:26 pm

Considering the BJ mentality I'm thinking that this Conestoga was a buy. I wouldn't take that dough for mine and it aint as pretty. The way I see it is that it makes our wagons a little more valuable. Way better deal than the questionable 57 Golden Hawk for $99K and $108,900 with the buyers fee.
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA