Moon (eyes) Christmas party

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Moon (eyes) Christmas party

Postby Mike » 2011 Dec 11 Sun 5:13 pm

Cleaned up the big blue wagon on Friday (normal day off). Had to buy a new rear tire. One had a good sized screw in it. Hopefully this summer I'll be doing some drag racing and didn't want to do it on a patched tire....so a new one went on. Saved the old one as a possible spair.

The Mooneyes company has a "Christmas Party" at Irwindale (Toyota) Raceway. The place was packed. I ended up parking next to a nice bright yellow 53C and a stock'ish Bullet Nose of some year.. I got there about 6:30am....down a VERY long line...but it moved sorta fast for what it was.
From restored cars to real rat rods and everything inbetween.
No car or brand is off limits for rodding, some really strange cars there, some pretty cool...some pretty odd...!

Saw a, for the most part, stock 55 hard top and fairly highly customized 48ish Stude truck that weren't parked in the "Stude Parking area...".
The old blue wagon ran great for the monsterously long drive of about 9 miles (one way..!)....!

That's all I got...

Mike
Mike

Re: Moon (eyes) Christmas party

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Dec 11 Sun 11:33 pm

Man those folks got some history. Just bought one of thier Mooneyes chopper oil tank and bracket kits for a retro Pan I am doing for myself. They seem to be a little proud of thier stuff but as far as I can figure it was made in the lower 48 and looks like it will fit the bill. And gotta luv that retro look!

What did they have going on at the speedway for thier party? How were you received?

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2011 Dec 12 Mon 12:40 pm

Yea, a few things are fair priced, but much of it's pretty up there. Which is odd for a Japanese company...!

Drag racing (1/8th mile)
Huge car show
"Stuff" (junk) for sale
Good people watching

Received...just another face in the crowd..!

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2011 Dec 13 Tue 1:08 pm

JAPANESE????? Wow is nothing sacred?

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2011 Dec 14 Wed 7:35 am

You didn't know that....?!

When Dean died, none of his kids (three I think) wanted the business, so they sold it..to a Japanese guy..!
Not all...but most all of the people in the Mooneyes booth last weekend were....Japanese.

Mooneyes (not to be confused with the original "Moon") has a fairly large presents in Japan now too.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA