For those with an incomplete 54, 55 wagon

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Re: For those with an incomplete 54, 55 wagon

Postby Mike » 2014 Jan 16 Thu 7:13 am

They do look pretty good overall.
The chrome is nice. The metal was polished nicely, not all wavy like some cheaper repops. There are some odd little lines in the metal here and there. I have an original that I need to check to see if it has the same lines. They look like lines from "seperate" letters being lined up in a mold or holder.
They really aren't noticable from a coupla feet away (arms length ?), not really a concern, but noticable under "close" scrutiny. The mold was filled with metal rather thAn like have the depression in the backside of the part, or letters in this case. They are nicely solid, the attachment pins look solid also.

Update -
The OEM script is FLAT across the face of the letters, while the current version has a bit of a radius to it. To me, the new one looks a little better with that difference.
As far as the small marks mentioned above, these "may" have been machined/ground off when making the letters face surface flat because material was removed. The new one also has a radius at the corners of the letters and the original one has hard square corners, indicating that it may have been ground flat.
They also both have the same casting marks on the backside (ROTH and a number).

Well worth the money.

Mike
Mike

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA