54 Shell & Parts ?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

54 Shell & Parts ?

Postby Half Fast One » 2013 Apr 16 Tue 2:28 am

Hello Guys;

Needless to say I have not been on the computer very much in the past year dealing with the wife's Cancer, possible foreclosure looming over us, what to do with all our stuff, and where do we go, etc.,etc.. Well Esther's Cancer is still in remission and I guess if anything really matters that's it.

So with that said here is the other stuff update. We lost the home and had to be out the 18th. of march. After 9 months trying to get a modification of the loan (what a joke) then 4 short sales getting screwed over by the Bank, Duh ? We also had lost our, Esther's, Kitty that died in the back of our SUV on the way to the Vet's. That took Esther to the brink. But, with the help from some great friends and family we were able to buy a double wide in a senior mobile home park in Hemet, CA . This will only be relevant to those that know anything about Hemet. HA!! We rented 2 very large Storage units to store our stuff and a spot in a 200 plus RV Storage Place to put our 22 foot enclosed car carrier. We were waiting to get a larger spot since we had 3 trailers and they let us know that a spot had opened up the end of march. The trailer had our last load of stuff from our, my, garage. I went over to move the Trailer April 1st. and when I pulled up to the small spot the trailer was not there. I went to the large spot thinking that maybe the manager had rented the small space and moved the trailer. Yep, it was stolen. The place had all kinds of RV's and they took our trailer. No one knew were we stored it or what was in it, and that was the last straw for both of us.

We had loaded the complete drive train for the Conestoga, a ZZ-4 engine a new Hi-Po 700R-4 Trans, a new rebuilt 10 bolt Nova posi Rear End, complete new suspension, new complete AC system, the top piece over the tailgate, with the glass and trim. Then there was all the rebuilt and new carbs, the alternators, manifolds, intakes and exhausts for both the Studebaker and the wife's Mercury. New Drive Shafts for both, the hood for Esther's Mercury. Not to mention the tools, so I wont bother you with all of it. Yes we did have insurance on the trailer so it should be easy to replace, sure it will. With about $3,700.00 in upgrades alone and it being a 2005 Wells Cargo which is worth more now then what it sold for new and figuring the content lost was at least $15,000.00 and the contents are only covered up to $3,200.00. Well you can see we've no chance of building either one since our income is set by Social Security and we are just getting by. I don't know what kind of chance we have against the RV Storage Lot for their negligence but it will need to be looked in to. The chained and locked gate had been lifted off the rollers and swung open as it was for the other 2 or 3 stolen within the past 6 weeks.

So we are waiting to see if we will be made whole or not and of course it will be not and therefore we shall loose even more when we start selling them off.

Will keep you up to date and if you see stuff for sale while down in Mexico? HA!!

Not the way good people should end up at 65 and 69

Hoping for the Best, Expecting the worst.
Roger & Esther

PS: Maybe a new Kitty will help? Probable wont even be able to afford what she wants. So what's new. Hey, Cancer is in remission, what more do we need, right?
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: 54 Shell & Parts ?

Postby Stu Cool » 2013 Apr 16 Tue 4:34 pm

Wow Roger you guys are really getting hit from every direction. It is good to hear the cancer is in remission. Good luck recovering the stolen items and with the insurance and storage lot. I will say a prayer for you.

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Postby Mike » 2013 Apr 17 Wed 5:58 am

Hey Roger -

Yea...WOW. You musta done sumthin in another life to get hit this hard now.
Reading your note, makes me understand how good I have things.. I really feel for you and your family.

Very good to hear about your wife. Hopefully things stay clean.

I'll keep my eyes open for any mass Stude/Conestoga stuff for sale. But they'd really be stupid trying to sell this stuff in SoCal.
Almost sounds like these morons may have known and took your trailer because they knew what was in it. Sad, really sad people.

Best of luck.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2013 Apr 19 Fri 2:23 am

Hey Mike;

Just got through totaling first 2 pages of at least 6 pages of items lost inside trailer. Ow, how this hurt, $19,000.00! Of course that includes 3 of the biggies, the engine, transmission and rear end. We have $3,200.00 coverage but they will not charge us the $500.00 deductible since it is such a large loss. If Esther had not cancelled the coverage on the place we lost everything would have been covered up to $11,700.00, so who would have known this was going to happen?

Insurance Co. has offered us $6,500.00 for the Trailer. $6,200.00 for Trailer and $300.00 for all the add-on's that totaled $3,700.00. Gee, that sounds fair. Have to have a conference call Friday with the Insurance Co. and the outside company they use when they don't have inside adjuster. Yep, Allstate Ins. can not afford a Adjuster to handle RV's and Trailers. DUH!!! Think they may have hired a outside Company so Allstate can shift the anger to someone else? Then say, "But Sir, they are the experts and we use them all the time". Yeah, let me hold their balls or tit's while they tell me how much the 8,000# inside winch and all the E-Track and Aluminum Runners and Cabinets and Spare Tire and Holder plus,plus were worth.

Hey, Esther's Cancer is still in remission I,m happy.

Finding out who stole the stuff and getting their address?

Probably make me a little happier. Ha!!!

Roger...

PS: Talked to the guy who built the Rear End. His take on the theft is that they probably broke into the trailer first to see what was in it. Third Trailer stolen out of this RV storage facility within two months. Manager is 72 and SHE lives a block away and the Guard was shocked and afraid he was going to get fired when I asked him about the Trailer being gone. Finally someone has come up with a logical reason for taking it, Since no one knew where the trailer was parked except the Manager and Guard and no one knew what was in it except the two guys that loaded it from the Moving Co. we hired and never told them where we stored the trailer and told them we were going to put everything into a Storage unit the next day after they loaded it. Two weeks later, by by Trailer.
Half Fast One

Postby Half Fast One » 2013 Apr 20 Sat 11:08 pm

UPDATE;

Looks like we will settle with Insurance Co. covering Trailer. Somewhere around $8,300.00. Already know we are only getting $3,200.00 for contents. Looks like we will go to Court with Owner of RV Storage Lot. Even if we were to win the Law Suit it doesn't mean we will collect anything. Probably end up with a Lean against their property. We will both probably end up dead before we get anything.

Tough times and ageing are not for Wimps. Ha!!!

Roger...
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2013 Apr 22 Mon 6:02 am

Well, at least a few dollars are comming back. You should be able to get a few more next year this time...tax's.. You've got the cost estimate and the police report, so that should make it all legal. But then the'll take some off the top for the insurance payment. Hopefully there will be a little more in it for you.

I know it's no where near what the parts cost or what it cost to actually get them (phone calls, travels, etc.). Really stinks.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA