Found another Conestoga

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Found another Conestoga

Postby Mike » 2013 Jun 03 Mon 9:42 am

I went to the 43th edition of the Antique Nationals this past weekend with my blue wagon.

Interesting situation...as a friend and I were talking about how rare the Conestogas were/are, Rick hadn't ended his sentance for more thAn about 30 seconds, when what happens...an odd colored brown/bronze 54 wagon pulls up and parks next to my 54.

Small block Chevy with four bolt Stude rocker covers bolted in place. The car was apparently a Champian originally. Power brakes on the smooth firewall.
The body work was sorta "ok", the paint was smooth and shiny but the metalic wasn't very even. Heavy in some areas and light in some areas. A T-200 (not a T-200-4R) trans., with an 8" (I think) Ford rear axle. Steel wheels painted to match the body color with small generic center caps. The interior colors somewhat matched the exterior.
The owner seemed like a pleasent guy. We talked a bit.

Not too bad overall. It had "forsale" notes on it....$24,000 ........! A "bit" pricy if you ask me....oh well.

Four Studes there total, all 53/54's with two being wagons, one (K) show, one (C) racer.
Not a bad Sunday morning, early afternoon.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA