Wire harness information

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Wire harness information

Postby Mike » 2013 Jul 18 Thu 12:46 pm

For any of you contemplating a new wire harness for your Stude..or other, take a look at the ENOS kit.

I bought the OEM style front and rear harness for the 54 wagon (daily driver wagon) I'm working on (that's why my OEM stuff is for sale..!). The more I thought about the car and the things I'm putting on the car, and the way the factory harness is designed...I decided I spent a bunch of money for nuthin on the OEM harness, because it would end up looking and being just a scabbed mess. It's actually kind of scabbed-on from the factory.

So, after a few calls and e-mails to friends for their thought, I gave the ENOS guys a call.
While their website is sparce, the wiring kit is very nice overall. I guess many like the preassembled harness to fuse block arangement like most harness kits available, I never did.

The ENOS kit makes you do that assembly, and that's one of the things I like. You can add, subtract, move, change wire gauge, change wire length, repair...all very easily. You want to add a system...no problem, you need more wire length, no problem, no need to splice wires, replace a bad wire, no problem, etc., etc.
Also, his instructions are very simple. I told him, while I have no problems around mechanical stuff, I'm a beginner around electrical stuff. He convinced me it wasn't a problem. And after seeing his instructions, I think he's right.
Another thing, he keeps records of his sales. If you want to alter, change, add...what-ever, he can look up what he sold you and help out with any new needs/ideas.

Just another outlet to look at..

Anyway, here's the address -
http://www.enoscustom.com/

Mike
Mike

Re: Wire harness information

Postby Mike » 2013 Nov 25 Mon 10:55 am

Update on the ENOS wiring assemblies.

Since the company is/was...a one man band, it seems he has decided to retire, according to posts on the HAMB board. I have not called to verify. Their web site is still up and working..!? I sent them a note, we'll see what happens.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA