NEED HELP. Just an answer.

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

NEED HELP. Just an answer.

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Jul 01 Tue 6:55 pm

Hi;

Need to know What the dimensions are for Rear Leaf Springs on 54 Conestoga ?

The whole Rear Suspension was stolen, so I have no way to put the Body back on the Chassis and move.

By chance are they the same as 53 - 54 - 55 Coupe? I doubt it, but thats the only set of Rear Leaf Springs and parts to attach to frame and Rear End that I can find. Without making a 4 day trip to pick them up..

Thanks for any help you can give..

Roger...

PS: Also still looking for Rear Hatch, glass not needed.
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: NEED HELP. Just an answer.

Postby Mike » 2014 Jul 02 Wed 5:34 am

Hey Roger -

Yes, from what I understand, the length and center dimension are the same as the sedans and C/K cars. Just what I've be lead to believe.

When I get home tonight, I'll measure my wagon springs and let you know tonight or tomorrow. Over the weekend, I'll check my 54 sedan springs...see what they measure.

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Jul 02 Wed 10:53 am

Thanks Mike;

Spoke with a guy from LA that said he has a couple of C/K chassis' in San Diego he will be picking up in the next few days and he plans on scrapping one and keeping the other. Of course he also said that he has 5, 6, 7 other 53, 54, 55 C/K's etc. in his collection? Says he has a friend that has a Station Wagon and wants to get rid of it. Offered to sell it to this guy for $600.00. Of course he needs money to buy it and wants to know if I'd split the cost with him. I'm trying to get the Conestoga's owner info also. I only need rear suspension and rear hatch. Will let you know if anything comes out of this WEIRD conversation.

Thanks AGAIN.

Roger...
Half Fast One

Postby hi-per al » 2014 Jul 02 Wed 6:05 pm

Roger...I have a glass less top hatch in good shape if your WEIRD deal does not happen. Problem is shipping as I am in Canada. Let me know....Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2014 Jul 02 Wed 8:18 pm

50"
Measured from the spring eye, across the top surface (touching the spring all the way across) of the main leaf to the other eye. The center bolt is just that...right in the center at 25".

Damn, too bad you're so far away, I need a reasonably good hood. C/K, sedan/wagon, doesn't matter. I'm just gonna cut it up and make my version of a Studebaker...cowl indiction hood for my driver 54 wagon..! I've got no way to cart it home if this guy does have one

Mike
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Jul 03 Thu 11:41 pm

Thank You BOTH;

First to Mike you have no idea how much that dimension means to me. Now I've got a shot at getting a set of used springs. Also let me know how much you are willing to pay the guy for a hood. If this works out I'll either pick you up and take you with me to get it or I'll ask him to drop it off or, ill get it and drop it off at yor place. You've always been willing to help the rest of us so just a little pay back.

Second. Al I've bought and sold across the Border so if you don't mind letting me know how much you want for the rear hatch. If within reason I'll then ask you to check on the cost to pack it and ship it to me. Hemet, CA 92545-7871 USA. I know the wait time and Bullshit that goes with it. A good friend sent me a very rare numbered Alternator to rebuild took over 6 months coming and going. I guess they thought it was some kind of triggering device for who knows what. Ha!!! That was 30 years ago by mail. HA!!! We lived 130 miles from Niagra Falls and he was 30 miles away from the othe side. Told him I'd meet him at the Bridge, one side or the other and he said there was no rush he would just mail it. That's my story and who cares. HA !!!

Thanks Guys.

Roger...

PS: The wife, Esther, is still in remission. only real change is that the 1 med that was $10,000.00 / copay $500.00 has turned into 2 @ $20,000.00 / copay $1,167.00. Meaning of this? Don't get Cancer and need Revlimed. Revlimed availablility 10 MG - 5MG - 2.5MG. She was taking 10MG Doc cut it back to 7.5MG. DUH, they don't make a 7.5MG thus 2 scripts 5MG and 2.5MG. Don't ya jus luv them Drug Co's.? Can't complain, could have told her to raise it to 17.5MG. HA!!!
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2014 Jul 04 Fri 2:22 pm

Don't understand...is this guy with the parts up here in the LA area, or closer to you ?

Price...no clue what one would go for. As long as the center area is clean/straight, the rougher the better...read that "cheaper"..!
Does this guy have engine parts..? I need a set or two of late model rocker arm assemblies too.

Mike

P.s. - Forgot about your wifes troubles. Good to hear she's doing ok. I know medical costs can be a bank account wipe out
Mike

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Jul 05 Sat 11:54 am

He said he lived in or near Boyle Heights ? I'm guessing on the spelling.
Half Fast One

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA