Rear Hatch & rear end, leaf springs etc, etc, etc.

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Rear Hatch & rear end, leaf springs etc, etc, etc.

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Dec 10 Wed 5:15 am

Hi everyone;

Got lucky and have been able to pick up a rear hatch w/glass, $75.00.

And everything attached to rear of chassis w/wheels that roll for $100.00.. Guy had a rolling chassis complete w/engine, tranny, drive shafts, rear end, suspension, etc, but only wanted front end. Cut that chassis across the middle and on our seperate ways. There are still a bunch of nice guys out there willing to help, rather then just make a fistfull of money.

Still looking for hinges, trim, handle and lock for rear hatch. If you have any of this stuff let me know what we can work out, please?

Thanks, Roger...

1-951-392-3161 home phone.
rogest67@gmail.com Email.
Or let me know here or Private message..

Once more, Thanks !
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Re: Rear Hatch & rear end, leaf springs etc, etc, etc.

Postby Mike » 2014 Dec 11 Thu 1:27 pm

Hey Roger -

Good to hear you're coming up with the parts you need.
On the handle, they seem to show up on e-bay for reasonable prices, though there's one guy who trippples the price on his stuff. Like this years La Palma meet, a guy had an "NOS" handle. Yes...it "was" an NOS handle, you could see that it had never been bolted to a car...BUT...it HAD bounced around in his plastic shipping containers for "how long now"...and was beat up pretty bad, for an...NOS...part..! And he wanted 75 bucks for his beat part. I mentioned all the scars in the chrome and dents in the metal. All he could say was..."it's NOS...!"

If I run across anything I think you can use, I'll let you know.
And you remember my grey 54 wagon on the trailer, you can have had that for $400...(heavy duty) trailer and all...! Complete suspension, and an "apparently" an undamaged frame.

Good luck in your continued search.

Mike
Mike

Re: Rear Hatch & rear end, leaf springs etc, etc, etc.

Postby Half Fast One » 2014 Dec 11 Thu 7:05 pm

Mike;

Nice time to remind me about the 54. Would have saved money in the long run. But my frame has already had a 68 Camaro front clip welded on.

Storing another car and trailer would only add more work and cost. Now on the other hand if we were still out in the country instead of this Mobile Home Estates Park in Hemet, CA. HA!!!

Hey, keep me in mind if you come across any spares at a reasonable price.

I still need more room in the garage to move Esther's 47 Mercury in and get it finished first. Not sure I've got all the stuff to get it running.

Such is life when working on our motorized toys.

Needless to say I don't have to tell you to keep busy. Ha!

Later, Roger...
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA