New water pump ?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

New water pump ?

Postby Mike » 2015 Jun 09 Tue 11:46 am

Ok...here we go again...(maybe).
Talked to a guy/company making water pumps for just about everything on the road. Mostly machined aluminum.

Who out there would be -
1. Interested in impellers only, that would increase the efficiency by about 100% (or twice as much), to install on "your" stock pump.
2. Interested in a complete aluminum, bolt-on water pump.

This is all in the, lay-it out on the table stage, and I'll be sending them a pump assembly and if there's enough interest, a whole water pump manifold so they can see "exactly" what they need to do to increase the efficiency and longevity.
Unfortunately, because the stock pumps don't seem to have a long life, there's no way to remove this proposed new impeller once it's in place without warping it, or special home made tools. So bad bearings in the pump would also require a new impeller.

Leme know......

Mike
Mike

Re: New water pump ?

Postby hi-per al » 2015 Jun 25 Thu 8:29 pm

Mike...I am a little tardy but I would be interested in certainly finding out more. I might even be able to get a few other folks interested. Please keep em in the loop.
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Re: New water pump ?

Postby Mike » 2015 Jun 26 Fri 5:39 am

Hey Al -

Dropped for now. Not nearly enough interest for either the whole pump or even a better impeller. And I don't have the bucks for the initial/startup cost for the design, programming and first part.
Most have that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality..!?
Hell, if we all had the mentality...we'd still be driving Model T's and A's. Oh well...

For now, I'm just going to rivet a disc on the front side of the stock impeller to trap the water a bit better and make it push a tad more water and call it good for now. Like they used to make for the Chevy water pumps...until better impellers were designed...

And no...I haven't forgotten you...well sorta... I have the Stude tags sitting on the coffey table...just haven't gotten them out to you yet.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA