Trying to buy a 1955

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Trying to buy a 1955

Postby Joker1570 » 2016 May 02 Mon 3:22 pm

Hello just wanted to see what this was all about. I don't have one yet I'm trying to buy or maybe trade for one a 1955. My one question is how do most feel about modifying one of these this one is kind of ruff and I have been looking for something different to build a Gasser out of and I know how some groups cans be. I don't want to get the "why did you do that to this car speech" I like different and I want to build a Gasser but I will also be need a few parts. So I'll keep you posted on how this deal will hopefully turn out. Thanks Steve
Joker1570

Re: Trying to buy a 1955

Postby Mike » 2016 May 03 Tue 5:35 am

We are a small group here, many have signed up but only a few really frequent the site...as you might imagine. Since there aren't many of these cars to begin with.
But...I think I can speak for most everyone...in saying it's your car, do with it as you wish..! Some here are rebuilt very nicely back to stock, a couple are much modified, and everything in-between.
The only thing we ask (as in many forums)...send photos..!
I have a reasonably good 55 for sale. As you might expect the front chrome is difficult to come by in good shape when looking for a 55. One corner piece has a bend in it. One quarter panel needs replacing, I have a good quarter panel for it. It can be just skinned or the whole thing replaced. V-8, automatic trans.

Good luck, have fun, send pictures.

Mike
(SoCal)
Mike

Postby Joker1570 » 2016 May 04 Wed 1:52 pm

Well I went to go look at the car today and SORRY totally forgot to take pictures it was rough needs floor pans for sure and other outside rust issues would be perfect to make a gasser but it is beyond the tools I have but other wise a fairly complete car and he does have another one that is JUST a parts car here is the add from craigslist he is a good guy and I think he said he would take 1200.00 for both cars http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5513203500.html . So since I'm not going to buy it I thought I would atleast pass it on.
Joker1570

Postby Joker1570 » 2016 May 04 Wed 11:35 pm

Do you have any pictures of the car you have?
Joker1570

Postby Mike » 2016 May 05 Thu 5:45 am

The car you looked at doesn't really seem that bad, especially for the price. The price will go up quickly as the car gets better than that one.

I might have some somewhere, but to be honest, while it's different than the car in your post, it's not much different. The front fenders have the same rust that they all have...or had, the top has been caved in a little (fixable) from putting other Stude parts on it from the guy I bought it from (!!), and now the hood has been trimmed and installed as a cowl induction hood scoop on one of my 54 wagons..! The doors are good, the tailgate is good, front floor...mostly there. Engine and trans., there, the dash is all there, the rear floor is good, the whole back of the car is in pretty good shape.
So like I say, the same only different.

Mike
Mike

Postby Joker1570 » 2016 May 05 Thu 11:05 am

Oh ok well I'm not saying it isn't a good candidate I just don't have all the right tools to do the work or the space so I'd rather pass it on to you guys who know more about them and more desire to bring it back. Now don't get me wrong I'm not looking for a perfect car as there will be some cutting up done but I can't do alot of replacing either.
Joker1570

Postby Mike » 2016 May 05 Thu 11:57 am

No problem, understand the problems of life, we've all been there, or still are..!
Good luck on your hunt, keep us informed.

Mike
Mike

Postby Joker1570 » 2016 May 11 Wed 9:09 pm

Yeah life always seems to be my tripping stone but I hope someone one here can buy it it deserves to be saved I just can't be the one to do it.
Joker1570

Postby Mike » 2016 May 20 Fri 2:56 pm

Joker if you're still out there...
Here's a 55 wagon for ya. I was seriously thinking about buying it, but it sounds like a bit too much work to make it into a daily driver. But for a hot rod, the work it seems to need doesn't sound that bad.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/c ... 71769.html
Give the guy a call. Sounds like a nice enough guy, seemed pretty honest in his answeres.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA