Sack-o-tomato's Conestoga

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Sack-o-tomato's Conestoga

Postby Mike » 2005 May 04 Wed 3:10 pm

Hey Conestoga man...

What's the deal with your Commander?
What shape is the body in, (looks nice in the photo), etc. Are you going to build it or just use it for parts for your Champion?

I was thinking, if the mix of yours and the one I've got would make a nearly whole, reasonably nice car.

Thanks

Mike
Mike

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 May 06 Fri 10:26 am

I was thinking, if the mix of yours and the one I've got would make a nearly whole, reasonably nice car.

So... what're you saying?? :wink:

Are you done with her??

In all seriousness...I could use a...

lower front scoop/splash pan,
a lower tailgate,
rear window/seal/trim,
hood
and various scripts/emblems
2 front fenders (?)

...and a big bag of money... :lol:

My bodies are remarkably rot free ('cept for the driver's floors of both cars, and the rear corners of the front fenders on my Champ...). I am in the process of just collecting parts for now for the Champ and using the substandard parts from it for the Commander.

The Commander is slated for an S-10 4x4 chassis (lowered) and small SB Chev mill (265-283?) due to fuel prices going up...(no mo big blocks... :cry: )

I might even try the T-bird IRS w/ disc brakes (ala: Utahtorque's Studillac http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Da ... bshotshome)

I can trade a complete chassis (including the rear axle, steering and brake components) for some of these things (most notably the wagon specific parts).

I also have the original engine (232 vee-eight) and trans (auto) from it that I am not planning to use (I'll keep the automatic for a spare, if'n it'll fit my Champ).

The other parts I can prolly scare up just about anywhere. I already stripped a 4door sedan for some of the parts I need, and I can do it again if I have to. :twisted:

What kind of stuff do you need for your car?
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Postby Mike » 2005 May 06 Fri 1:10 pm

I was wondering what you were going to do with it, because I still need a car to drive. My Lark's getting old....driving the same car for about 7 years!). I was hoping the Conestoga I got could fit that bill....it can't!

I noticed you mentioned something about your Champ. getting all the work. Just wondering if you had planned on selling your Commander?

What your's needed, "maybe" mine has. Then I could have a whole car.

But....if you're gonna set it on another chassis, I guess you're gonna hang on to it.

Oh well!

Mine's got too much work (rust repair!) to do for my schedule. Floor (the whole damn thing), the lower left rear quarter and the hood and the right fender and the left fender need replacing. Otherwise it's fine!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rear seat is in good condition.........the rest of the interior is....well....bascially non-existant. The doors are in good condition too!

Mike
Mike

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 May 10 Tue 9:28 am

But....if you're gonna set it on another chassis, I guess you're gonna hang on to it.

Yea...gotta keep her. I should be able to find all the parts I need for it. My wife keeps asking when I'm gonna do something with it, but any extra $$ ends up in the house projects. :roll:

She doesn't even have a clue as to how much I 'didn't' spend on my Conestogas. :shock:

Maybe after I get done re-modeling the bathroom I'll get a chance to spend more duckets on my cars...maybe... :?

I found an address to a gentleman I met years ago who has a '54 Commander Conestoga. I'll give him a call and see if he still has it. He wanted to sell it, but never put a sign on it. :wink:
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA