Spokane

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Spokane

Postby El Conestoga » 2005 Aug 23 Tue 6:59 pm

Just wondering if anyone made it to Spokane.
If anyone did, how was the national meet?
Was there a large attendance?
El Conestoga

Postby hi-per al » 2005 Aug 23 Tue 9:23 pm

Howdy folks....Spokane was real interesting too say the least. I was told there was over 400 Studes in and around the show Hotel. Truly some awsome restorations as well as some of the most stunning Stude customs that I have ever seen. Celebrating the 50th year of the Speedster and there were probably 15 or so in attendance. There was only one Coupe Express and it was much modified using all type of updated Studebaker innovations from over the years. It was truly breath-taking!

I only saw 2 true Conestogas in the parking lot and show. Both 55's. One was an outstanding restoration belonging to Don Hagen of San Jose, Ca. Chatted with him once briefly and could not find him again to talk. The other was a very mild Goodguys Custom that was not modified body wise except for a very tasteful contemporary paint job, wheels and interior. Had a mildly modified 1954 232 c.i. powerplant with 3 speed O.D.. Very nice!

There was also an outstanding custom 1950 2 door Conestoga Woody wagon. Built off of a 4 door sedan base. The owner stated it was "One of None Made". For Sale 90K. Yowsa!

The swapmeet was a lttle underwhelming with probably a total of 30 to 40 vendors. When I asked for Conestoga bits I always got the same response...You must be kidding? The search for "OGA" goes on. The Stude Museum Auction had some very interesting lots with the crowd in the room bidding items to the max in the early going to do thier bit to support the cause. The auctioneer was painfully slow and after about 11 P.M. the crowd had thinned out to the point that there were some real bargains. They said that they raised well over $10,000 in support of the Museum.

I will try and get a few flix to Briz and see if he can post them.

G'nite....Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Aug 24 Wed 12:10 am

thanks for the report!

wish i could have made it.

curious, what day was best attendance?
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Aug 24 Wed 9:20 am

Yea, thanks for the notes.
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2005 Aug 24 Wed 5:22 pm

We were only there for Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday was rainy on and off but the parking lot show seemed to have quite alot of folks wandering around. The inside swap meet vendors were on the top floor and the basement of the hotel. The swap meet vendors in the hotel said that they were slower on that day than they had been previously. The outside folks had a crowd every time the rain quit and they uncovered thier stuff. Thursday was a beautiful day and all of the vehicles were paraded to Riverfront Park within walking distance of the hotel. A beautiful setting filled with cars and people that were truly spectators and not Stude members. There was a lot of very awe struck people surprised to see such a vast and interesting collection of vehicles.

Briz...Didya get the flix that I forwarded to you?
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Aug 26 Fri 12:21 pm

THANKS!

got'em up in the photo forum for keeps!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby hi-per al » 2005 Aug 27 Sat 9:30 am

Hey Briz....I sent you some more photos from Spokane that you might find of interest. You have mail.
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Aug 31 Wed 10:10 pm

yea, cool! thanks

my dad's work'n on a coup express so i sent him those and the flat track'r was cool!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Spokane

Postby El Conestoga » 2005 Sep 07 Wed 10:07 pm

I just watched a cd that a friend of mine made of the Spokane Meet.
He got to Spokane on monday & only planned on staying one day. By monday night he decided to stay until saturday. He said as he walked around monday the vehicles just kept coming in & he needed the rest of the week to try and look at all the vehicles.
He was very impressed with the host club and the organization of the meet.
This was his first national meet. He is already thinking of attending next years meet.
By the way he put on 2983 miles round trip on his Silver Hawk.
From his pictures it would have been great time.
El Conestoga

Postby StudeDave57 » 2005 Nov 16 Wed 11:41 pm

I wish I coulda made it!!!! :cry:
StudeDave '57 8)
StudeDave57

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA