Conestoga Fender Skirts

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Conestoga Fender Skirts

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Jan 07 Sat 6:21 pm

I have a 54 Conestoga . This car was purchased new by my Great Grandfather.
It was purchased in Connersville Indiana. This car has a set of fender skirts for it in the spare tire wheel. I have never seen a conestoga with fender skirts. Could this be an option that was put on by the dealer? The sales paperwork and build sheets do not show any mention of fender skirts. Has anyone else heard or seen such a thing
Nick Wilson

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 07 Sat 7:40 pm

Hey Nick..

Great to have a long time family wagon like that. You gotta send Matt a picture or two to put up on the "registration" page.

As for the skirts, Matt would better have a more accurate answer whether they were factory or aftermarket.

As you can see on his car...the light green one....he's got skirts on it. He sent many of us the pattern for them so we could make/have a set built for the reast of us.

Send him pictures of your car and the question.

Do you drive it much?
Mike

driv car

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Jan 07 Sat 9:15 pm

I drove the car almost every nice weekend,untill it got hit in Sept 2004.
Have to replace most of the drivers side.
Got a 55 donor car out of Missouri. Hoping to get it in the shop sometime before spring. They are working on the last of 3 ragtop GTO's. Then I am next. Isent pics before I left this topic. Thanks for the warm welcome.
I saw the add in this months TURNING WHEELS.
Nick Wilson

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 08 Sun 10:59 am

oooow...that really hurts.

At least you've got replacement parts for it.

I've got two also. The "good" car (shown on these pages, with plenty of rust!) and a real rust pile. I bought the second car sight unseen... The guy...as usual...said how nice it was and even delivered it for $50 bucks. That part was good, It was about a 250 mile round trip. But the car...bad...really bad. It's too good to cut up....too bad to drive the way it is (no engine, much of the dash is missing, etc.)...I still don't know what to do with it. I've had it for about 5 months now...!!!
I keep thinking about s l o w l y fixing things and finally driving it as my everyday car. I kan't make up my mind!

The blue car doesn't get out enough, but it does get driven. I'm working on a 299 V-8 for it now. It's currently a 6.

Good luck with your bodywork.

Mike
Mike

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Jan 08 Sun 4:48 pm

Mike, How can I place a picture of my car beside of my comments in the forum like you do?
Nick Wilson

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 08 Sun 9:45 pm

Go into the "profile" section at the top of (any) the page

Fill out the info you want the world to know about you.
At the bottom of the page there's a small block to add your picture (avitar). Keep in mind that the picture has to be VERY small...pixcel wise. Make it as big as the system will allow....that means you may have to do it a coupla times to get it the way you want. I don't remember how big (small!) my shot is, I just remember making it to fit the size note at the bottom of the "profiles" page, but it looked funny. So I deleated that shot went back altered the picture I wanted and tried again....yes...I got it!!
Any way, this make it sound kinda tuff...it's not.
Looking foward to it.

Mike
Mike

Postby BRIZ » 2006 Jan 08 Sun 11:28 pm

:shock: GULP! wow! man-o-man!
nick!!! you have a gorgeous conestoga!!!!

here's the thread on skirts we had a bit back. look at the big photos and let us know if they look like the same make. http://conestoga.brizbomb.com/phpBB2/vi ... 35&start=0

welcome to the group!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 09 Mon 12:39 pm

I second that, nice car.
Interesting colors.

Too bad someone had to give it a whack. Hope your body shop can bring it back for you.
Mike

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Jan 09 Mon 2:51 pm

Thanks for your positive comments. I am thrilled to see that there are a few more Conestoga owners out there. It would be great if we could all get together for the Studebaker International meet sometime in the next few years. I was able to get a 2nd place in custom and modified in 2000.
I have send some first place cars on this site.
The Conestoga that is Right hand drive is awesome.
Nick Wilson

Postby StudeDave57 » 2006 Jan 10 Tue 7:00 pm

Nick-

Welcome! You have one very nice looking Conestoga. I don't have one but I do have a '57 Parkview. She's a 2 door wagon, so these guys let me in by default... :roll: a little sibling if you will.
WELCOME ONCE AGAIN!
Last edited by StudeDave57 on 2006 Jan 18 Wed 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StudeDave '57 8)
StudeDave57

Next

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA