Conestoga Dreamin'

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Conestoga Dreamin'

Postby stude53 » 2006 Jan 16 Mon 11:57 am

I joined this forum so I could learn all about Conestogas (my next dream project) from SDC Conestoga owners.

I currently own a 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner Hardtop that is almost finished. It has a Chevy drivetrain (350 V8, TH350 Trans, 4.11 Positraction), Stock exterior (Barrier Blue bottom, Artic White top). Ready to install updated (stock pattern) interior. Next to install are all glass, Ron Francis wiring kit, chrome and stainless trim, bumpers, and new wheels/tires. 2006 is the year it gets on the road.

My next dream is a custom 54/55 Conestoga with 53 C/K front clip, Fat Man Front end and steering, disk brakes, and lots of custom touches.

Thanks for letting me get in on the chatter.

Bob (Stude53) :lol:[color=brown][/color][b][/b]
stude53

Postby Guest » 2006 Jan 17 Tue 5:40 am

Welcome.... Sounds like we have another victum that has fallen under the spell of those dreaded Conestoga Wagons.... :lol:
Your current project sounds like it is going to be really nice. Can't wait to see what you end up with when you get that wagon.
Roger

Postby Half Fast One » 2006 Jan 17 Tue 5:42 am

Wait a minute..... I forgot to log in. I'm not a guest... :lol:
Roger
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 17 Tue 10:38 am

Yea...welcome to a fairly quite but worthwhile group.

Well...looks like you may learn somethin right up front.
Without a TON of body work, the C/K sheet metal won't fit on the wagon body.

If you want the C/K type hood, best bet is to get a fibergalss C/K hood and modify that to fit the Conestoga body/fenders. There's not enough "looks" difference in the fenders to make any modifications worth while!!
I was gonna do that too at one time, but have decided I like the hood nose the way it is, with no chrome though.

Welcome any time. Send pictures when you get a wagon.
Mike

To Mike and Roger

Postby stude53 » 2006 Jan 17 Tue 11:51 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Mike, your idea is interesting. maybe I can get the look I want by just modifying a fiberglass hood. Any suggestion as to the best place to find one?

Bob
stude53

Postby Mike » 2006 Jan 18 Wed 1:02 pm

I bought a glass hood for my Lark 2dr. wagon. "Very" nice.

He even made me a second center area for a minimal cost.
Web site -

www.rodnrace.com

I'm gonna take the center and glass it on top of the stock tood to make a "scoped" hood without having a big 10" hicky sticking out of the hood.
I'll bow the center up so that the it's about 3" high at the center, then glass it on. That way...1. it hopefully wont look too bad...2. won't be to abvious to the cops...3. I can experiment with what works the best...the old Z-28 cowl type rear opening or a Bonneville style front opening.

Anyway, their glass/finish work is very nice. I think it's owned by one guy...and I think after talking to him...I think he does all or most all of the work. Just look for the Stude section.
Mike

Glass Hood

Postby stude53 » 2006 Jan 22 Sun 9:16 am

Thanks again, Mike.

I went there and am impressed with the site. I'll contact them and go from there.

Bob (stude53)
stude53

conestoga for sale

Postby chopped wagon » 2006 Jan 25 Wed 7:37 am

No pressure Bob,
I am interested in selling my black chopped conestoga if any of you know someone who is looking for a magazine car at a fair price. It was featured in Northeren Rodder, pictured in Custom rodder, and just came out in Hot Rod magazine this week. I am asking $38,000.00(US dollars). It is time for another project. Maybe it will go to a climate where it can be driven and appreciated more often.
thank you
Adrian Thiele
1954 studebaker conestoga custom
chopped top street rod.
don't hate me when I got the car the roof was aready cut off into three pieces. It was a junk yard car.
chopped wagon

stop dreamin

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Feb 08 Wed 9:03 pm

Check out my post. 55 wagon project car on ebay
Nick Wilson

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA