Parts request

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Postby Mike » 2006 Feb 15 Wed 8:28 am

It does look a little short.
What does the 55 Conestoga/sedan lens look like?
Mike

Postby Nick Wilson » 2006 Feb 15 Wed 9:17 am

I believe it to be the same as the 54
Nick Wilson

parts

Postby chopped wagon » 2006 Feb 20 Mon 11:54 am

I bought taillight housings and lens' from stephen allen studebaker. They are rechromed originals. www.mystudebaker.com I also bought a tailgate handle from them for the upper gate, they may have your hinges. I do have a hood but it has been buckled but it is repairable. There are hood corner reinforcement kits available from classic enterprises which I used on the hood that is currently on my car. www.classicent.com I found these corners after finding a different hood or I would have just used them on my original hood. If needed I could make the repairs to the hood and send it if you are interested. Good luck
Adrian T.
1954 studebaker conestoga custom
chopped top street rod.
don't hate me when I got the car the roof was aready cut off into three pieces. It was a junk yard car.
chopped wagon

Parts request

Postby Sask Stude » 2006 Feb 20 Mon 8:32 pm

On my friend's 57 Silver Hawk hood both back corners were damaged from the hinges. We took some thin wall metal pipe about 1" diameter (try a few different size diameters to find the right fit) and bent it to the inside contour of the side edges of both sides of the hood. Then we flattened both ends of the pipe and welded the one end to the hinge mount and the other to the pipe the runs across the front of the hood. We drilled 1/4 - 5/16 holes every 6 inches on the under edge of the hood where the hood meets the fenders. Then we used seam sealer to seal out moisture, the whole length of the pipe. Once painted the pipe looks like it was there from the factory. Before we installed the pipes we could actually stand at the front of the hood and twist the hood 3-4 inches up and down from one side to the other. After the pipes were welded in we eliminated any twisting of the hood. He now has a nice rigid hood which is what you need on a Silver Hawk hood with the heavy cast grill. This was a very inexpensive repair that looks good. I will be doing the repair on my Conestoga hood.
Sask Stude

Hood piping

Postby Conestogaman » 2006 Feb 20 Mon 8:44 pm

Will you help us more 'visual' folks by posting a few pics? 8)
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Parts request

Postby Sask Stude » 2006 Feb 20 Mon 9:24 pm

I have never posted pictures. Can you tell me how? My friend who owns the 57 Silver Hawk has a digital camera and I will ask him to snap a few under hood pictures. Maybe he could email them to you (or me). One way or another we try to get pictures to you.
Sask Stude

Postby BRIZ » 2006 Feb 21 Tue 1:16 pm

check out these sites for photo hosting

http://www.imageshack.us/
or
http://photobucket.com/

they show ya how to do it
and it's free
BRIZ
Site Admin

Re: Parts request

Postby raoul5788 » 2009 Feb 05 Thu 4:48 pm

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but dolsr is Dennis Lampert, the owner of SASCO in South Bend.
Chip
'63 Cruiser - daily driver
'57 Packard wagon
'61 4 dr Lark wagon
raoul5788

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA