Parts?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Parts?

Postby Mainstreetprod » 2023 Sep 20 Wed 8:21 pm

Mike,while going through old posts I see at one time you had a parts car. Do you have or know of any Conestogas or '54 sedans being parted out? Looking for hood, front bumper and steering wheel.
Mainstreetprod

Re: Parts?

Postby Mike » 2023 Sep 20 Wed 9:40 pm

No, sorry I don't.
My 54 parts car is pretty much just a hulk now days. I should cut the remainder up and leave if for the guys that collect metals.

I did just that. I found a 54, 4dr sedan for a "sort of" reasonable price a few years back. I immediately swapped the front bumper and hood onto my "driver" wagon. I've been driving it around town here, rather than beat up on my good cars for short (under 5 miles) trips.

And no again. I don't have the three parts that you need now.

Best of luck.

Mike
Mike

Postby Mainstreetprod » 2023 Sep 21 Thu 6:59 pm

Thanks, and sorry if I've asked this before. My hood is repairable and the bumper can be replated, just trying to see if I can find the parts first. Found a hood near South Bend but won't fit in my SUV and has minor dents.
Mainstreetprod

Postby Mike » 2023 Sep 21 Thu 8:15 pm

No problem, ask anything, any time. We all forget every now and again.

Yeah, years back I wanted to put a 1960 Lark top on my 54 wagon. Arranged transportation from central CA. and everything set to go. Then...the guy decided to keep the top skin and put it on HIS 54 wagon !!!
Seems things always get in the way !

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA