Under construction

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Re: Under construction

Postby Mike » 2023 Dec 02 Sat 12:05 am

Yes, the bumpers are the same. OR...while they (53 and 54 "car") "may" have different part numbers, I never looked . They (the front) measure the same and fit the 54 (only) wagons the same. The same width, the same bolt hole locations. The rear bumpers are the same for the 54 and 55 wagons. The "cars" too.
Actually so is the "coupe" bumpers (rear also) the same !

Out of the 53, 54 and 55 cars, the only oddball is the 55 (car and wagon) front. It's a little wider than the rest to clear all of the chrome castings that make up the grill sections.

I was told a long time ago...that the C-K dash boards would "not" fit the sedans or the wagons. False. I bought a known..."Commander" dash from a guy that put a later "Golden Hawk" dash into his 53 C-K bodied car. I took a chance and bought it to try to put it into my "Champion" Conestoga.
Went into my blue Conestoga without any problem whatsoever ! No filing, no hammering, no trouble .
So yeah, this means that the Golden "Hawk" dash will also fit the wagons.

The "car" tail light housings...THEY ARE...different from the wagon housings. The wagons (54 and 55) are a taller casting than any of the "car" tail light housings. The lenses too.

Mike
Mike

Postby Mainstreetprod » 2023 Dec 02 Sat 6:57 pm

Good to know about the bumpers, especially since they are on the way. Taillight housings too- fortunately mine are not bad. But as I replace each chrome piece with an NOS piece, the adjoining chrome suddenly looks bad. I've managed to find everything I need except the two pot metal pieces for the hatch, drivers door pot metal belt molding, and stainless belt molding on passenger side under side window. Now have lots of replaced parts to sell.
Mainstreetprod

Postby Mike » 2023 Dec 03 Sun 8:22 am

Pot metal pieces for the hatch ? What's that ?

And yeah, you've found gold if you find the NOS belt molding casting. People have been wanting those for many years.
The stainless belt molding shouldn't be too difficult to find. Maybe not NOS, but with a light polishing, they'll look NOS.

Mike
Mike

Postby Mainstreetprod » 2023 Dec 03 Sun 5:50 pm

Mike wrote:Pot metal pieces for the hatch ? What's that ?

And yeah, you've found gold if you find the NOS belt molding casting. People have been wanting those for many years.
The stainless belt molding shouldn't be too difficult to find. Maybe not NOS, but with a light polishing, they'll look NOS.

Mike

You mean the door belt molding? Guess I am lucky that one of mine was acceptable and I was able to find the other NOS. Just trying to replace acceptable with perfect. Same goes for my stainless belt molding, just some light dents. If I can't find one that just needs polishing, I'll try to straighten it.

Next quest is driver side grill bar.
Mainstreetprod

Previous

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA