Who is going to Lancaster ?

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Who is going to Lancaster ?

Postby Studeblu » 2008 Sep 10 Wed 7:54 am

I am flying out on Sunday at 6:50 AM from Tucson. Conestoga is not ready to drive but maybe next year.
Will anyone on the list have there Conestoga in Lancaster ?
Jerry Kaiser (studeblu)
53 Coupe
37 President Sedan
38 Coupe Express
54 Conestoga
Studeblu

Re: Who is going to Lancaster ?

Postby stevel200 » 2008 Sep 15 Mon 6:08 pm

Yup! I should be there with my Ambulet

Indeed, both of the Stude Ambulets in the previous posts are scheduled to appear in Lancaster!
stevel200

Postby stevel200 » 2008 Sep 20 Sat 8:21 am

Well, we are home from Lancaster. My father and I had a great time, even though we went only for one day - Thursday. But we enjoyed attending the big meet.

I counted a total of 6 Studebaker station wagons of any year. Besides my '54 Ambulet, there was a '55 Conestoga (which I didn't see until I saw it on the highway as we were leaving), a '56, a '58, and two '63 Wagonaires.

The red Ambulet wagon was not there. The owner brought a '51 Champion taxicab instead - I guess he likes to be "one of a kind", and he did have the only taxicab there, but he knew I was coming and wouldn't be the only Ambulet present. Oh well.

Hope anyone else from this group that came had a good time!
stevel200

Postby stevel200 » 2008 Oct 09 Thu 6:06 pm

Hey, guys, you'll never guess what I got the other day.

I'm at home, and the dog starts barking at the door - the mail truck is in our driveway. He drops off a package that's too big for the box, big and flat. Now I haven't bought anything on e-bay recently, so I don't know what this is, but it's got a Studebaker logo on the return address. Hmmm. Is this a package bomb or something? So I let the dog sniff it, and he didn't react - which, since he's not a bomb-sniffing dog, really only tells me there's no food in it. :roll:

So I open it, and guess what it is? A big, huge plaque from the SDC Lancaster Meet! Third place! :shock: WOW! There were so many nice cars there, I was quite surprised.

We almost didn't even get judged. When we came in, the parking "pointer" guys put us in one row, which turned out to be the "modified" row. I guess they never heard of an Ambulet and assumed it was a modified. So the judges for our division never got to it. Well, it was time to go, and someone flagged me down as we were driving out - the judges for Division 2. So they judged the car in the driveway on the way out of the hotel. Cool. I thought it was nice, and I figured I'd see the judging sheet to see what they thought of the car, and then it would have been a good, fun day, that's that. So I was quite pleasantly surprised to win Third at the National SDC meet with the Ambulet.

Ya never know.
stevel200

Postby Mike » 2008 Oct 12 Sun 9:58 am

Hey Steve -

Good to hear you and your dad had a good time.

And thats really great to hear you received the award.

I got something like that one Stude meet.
I had my 60 Lark 2dr. wagon at a meet that had show cars and display cars. My car was display only.
I was talking to a guy about it, another guy asked if he could interrupt, he asked what was "not" original on the car? This is the car that currentlly....has the Vette front end and full roll cage...!
Anyway, at the time the car was VERY original. The tires, hoses and crappy carpeting were about the only things. Even the brake shoes were original to this 1960 Stude!
Well, I was getting ready to leave, and a friend told me, "I might want to hang around till after the awards". I had no real place to go...so after a little proding, I decided to stay.
MUCH to my surprise...espicially since it "wasn't" entered in the "show" portion of the show...I received "The Most Original" award!
Not as big or as nice as your award Steve...but still cool!

Now...when the car is finished, I want to take it to the same show...with the award on the seat...to rattle the windows of all the cars there with my 3" exhaust system hooked to the 550hp Chevy under the hood.

Congrats Steve.

Mike
Mike

Postby Mike » 2008 Oct 12 Sun 10:01 am

Hey Steve...I'm going to be in Baltimore in a few weeks...for about a week, how far away are you from the Baltimore airport?
I'll be working, but I "think" I'll have the weekend off.

Mike
Mike

Postby stevel200 » 2008 Oct 13 Mon 11:14 am

Not far at all, in fact, I work at BWI Airport. E-mail me at SteveL200@ATT.net.
stevel200

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA