Conestoga parts WANTED!

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Conestoga parts WANTED!

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Jan 05 Wed 1:41 pm

hey! any leads on both front grill inserts for my 54?

my LF window regulator is shot. the one in it has a square mount for the handles. i found a replacement but it has the spine mount for the handle. what should stock be? round spine or square?

thanks!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Jan 05 Wed 4:35 pm

Matt,

Which inserts, the surround ring or the bar with the signal lights and teeth, or..........both!

I have a set of the bars. Not show quality but plenty usable. The script is not there but the wiring and lenses are in place.

I think the regulator arms are square...I'll check mine when it quits raining...

Mike
Mike

mine

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Jan 05 Wed 5:10 pm

as you can see, mine are pretty crusty (click photo for huge view). the surrounds are not too bad. i have some NOS lenses ready to slap on. can you e-mail or post a good photo?

also looking for...
- rear tail gate handle (the plate on mine is quite pitted).
- CDR or file of manual & body/chassis parts catalog
- four bumper bolts
- door hinge pins for a 38 coop express

thanks!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Jan 06 Thu 9:06 am

Matt,

The tail gate handle "may" be available from SASCO. I just spent a small fortune to get one from e-bay....then thought....hmmm....SASCO!!

The bumper bolts are available new from SASCO, but not exactly cheap. I bought a bunch from them last summer. Other Stude vendors also have them.

Coupe hinge pins.........dono, again, call and ask Dennis (SASCO).

Manuals, I've seen them on e-bay at various times.

I'll try to take a coupla shots of my grill bars this weekend for you. As I recal, mine aren't perfect but better that what you have. The painted section has been painted white though..............

Mike
Mike

Postby Mike » 2005 Jan 11 Tue 9:10 am

Matt,

Did you get the pictures of the grill bars??
The cars outside (!?) so I haven't been able to get a door handle off around all the rain we've been having. Maybe this weekend.

Mike
Mike

cool!

Postby BRIZ » 2005 Jan 12 Wed 1:16 pm

yea! thanks! they look much better than mine! what ya wanna got fer'em?

HEY! FENDER SKIRTS! someone here or a the stude forum posted something about wanting templates for the wagon skirts. i plan to post as much info with good photos here as soon as i get them back from my dads barn. maybe i could even mail out a template or two.....

soon as my new shop is finished (28x38, yeeehaaaa) and all my stuff is in one place, i'll get rolling on this.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY! THIS IS GREAT!
if you have any info (photos, ads, tech stuff) that you think we could use on the site, please send it in!
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Mike » 2005 Jan 13 Thu 1:03 pm

Oh, I don't know.
Don't remember what I paid for'em, $60/$70 bucks. Something like that!

Na, I think I paid in the $25/$35 range for the pair.

Make me an offer.

On your shop, sounds great....but as cool as it sounds now...you'll wish you went just another 10 feet"! I wish I had more room too.
Mike

Fender Skirts

Postby Half Fast One » 2005 Jan 15 Sat 4:18 pm

Matt;
YES, YES, YES I need that template of the FENDER SKIRTS. I would GREATLY appreciate a good sturdy template of them. At least one, so I could reverse it for other side. I will also be happy to send you a few bucks to cover material and shipping.
So, If you don't mind making up a template I sure would like to have it.
Yes, I know it is easy to trace around the opening,for those that may think this is a silly request, BUT I need the BOTTOM EDGE and it's relevance to the rest of the skirt to check on fit with my wheel and tire combinations....
With the template I will be able to determine if I should keep looking for a original set to buy or make a replacement set of my own design and style.
Thanks
Roger
PS: Matt, you can e-mail me direct, if you wish, at estro@sbcglobal.net .
Thanks again.
Roger
[/b]
Half fast one - Say it fast, says it all ....
Half Fast One

Shirts?

Postby Conestogaman » 2005 Jan 16 Sun 9:03 am

"HEY! FENDER SKIRTS! someone here or a the stude forum posted something about wanting templates for the wagon skirts. i plan to post as much info with good photos here as soon as i get them back from my dads barn. maybe i could even mail out a template or two..... "

8) I also would like a skirt template. Just let me know what the postage is...

"soon as my new shop is finished (28x38, yeeehaaaa) and all my stuff is in one place, i'll get rolling on this. "

Congrats on the new shop!!

"THANK YOU EVERYBODY! THIS IS GREAT!
if you have any info (photos, ads, tech stuff) that you think we could use on the site, please send it in!"

I got some ads and pics for the site, I'll send to you directly...
Happy Wagoneering!

'54 Conestoga Champion
'54 Conestoga Commander "Connie"
'54 Conestoga "Rusty bucket"
'48 Stude 2R 4x4 monster truck "Tina"
'94 BMW K75 "Red"
'01 BMW R1150GSA "The Cow Killa"
Conestogaman

Postby hi-per al » 2005 Jan 16 Sun 8:15 pm

Hoi... Brizbomb............Any chance that you might have a brake master cylinder debris deflecter kicking around that you would want to get rid of? This would be found on a Rite Hand drive Sedan from 55 to 1958 or 55 Conestoga? If you dont have one would you have any mates that might?
Thanx...Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Next

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA