Haven't driven my Conestoga in six years.

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

Haven't driven my Conestoga in six years.

Postby Nick Wilson » 2013 Sep 06 Fri 8:15 pm

:D I parked my Conestoga in 2006. I started my own business (Father & Daughter LawnCare) and had very little free time. My daughter was 8 and my son was just 2. Two weeks ago I decided to clean out the garage and i needed to move the wagon to do so. I put in a fresh battery and she fired right up. Drove her a few blocks to a mechanic friends shop so he could give the brakes a once over. My son who is now 9 was so excited to see the car move we just had to go for a ride. I wish you guys could have seen the smile on his face it was priceless. So now we take the car for a ride in the evenings and I pick him up from school in it on fridays. She has developed some rust and the carpet needs some work but as far as Andy (my son) is concerned this is the most beautiful car on the road. I would love to find another one to give to him since this one is already promised to Jenna (my daughter). :D
Nick Wilson

Re: Haven't driven my Conestoga in six years.

Postby Mike » 2013 Sep 07 Sat 9:30 am

Good to hear yours still running (again!). And yea...I think most of us agree with your son...!
Yea, they're out there, just hard to find one that's in reasonable condition for a reasonable price.

I've got a 55 that's plenty rebuildable. It needs a quarter panel, but I have that too. A coupla pieces of trim (and a front seat) and it would be a complete car. No tellen when the last time the engine ran, though the crank does turn by hand..

Mike
Mike

Postby Stu Cool » 2013 Sep 09 Mon 8:01 am

Great story Nick. Glad you brought it out to see daylight. Mark your calendar, Sep 14 is International Drive Your Studebaker Day (Really!). Hope you can pile the family in the wagon and take them out to show the world how cool Studebakers are!

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Postby Nick Wilson » 2013 Sep 22 Sun 4:34 pm

On the 14th the family was in her heading to a softball game.
Nick Wilson

Postby BRIZ » 2013 Sep 22 Sun 11:40 pm

nearly same here - wagon been sitting for a few years but the time finally came to get the interior done and now just a month later - it's finished! looks and feels great. i haven't taken any photos yet - more later.
BRIZ
Site Admin

Postby Stu Cool » 2013 Sep 27 Fri 4:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Finished cars always motivate me!

Pat
Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
'54 Conetoga Retirement Project starting 2012
'53 Custom Starlight
Stu Cool

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA