1955 CONESTOGA TRIM CLIPS

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

1955 CONESTOGA TRIM CLIPS

Postby KWAHL » 2016 Feb 26 Fri 8:32 am

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PART NUMBERS AND WHERE TO DRILL TO ADD THE REGAL TRIM TO THE 55 CONESTOGA?
APPRECIATE// POSTED PHOTO WOULD BE GREAT!!

KEITH
KWAHL

Re: 1955 CONESTOGA TRIM CLIPS

Postby Mike » 2016 Feb 26 Fri 11:07 am

Hey Keith -

The part numbers for what, the trim strips, the clips, both ? You may be able to buy the clips, look into the Studebaker International catalog / web site. They have a lot of parts. Their paper catalog is much easier to read than their web site. Give them a call, maybe they'll sent you one.
As far as the trim itself, just keep searching. Ask here, junk yards, the Studebaker Drivers web site, any other Stude site you may find.

As far as where the trim goes... Best bet is to look for pictures in/on the net, car shows. In many cases, just the shape of the trim will pretty much dictate where it goes. I know it did on my Lark, 2dr. wagon.
I'd offer to take pictures of the one "sorta" good door on my 55 parts car, but the door doesn't open..! And...it's become sort of an indoor junk space of Stude things I want to hang onto, so it would take a day to clear the space to shoot a picture.
I can take a good look, come in and describe it here..!
I'll get back to you on the description this weekend.

One more thing... As you might know, the use of all capital letters denotes yelling on the internet. Plus it's a little hard to read... I think many would appreciate the use of lower case with the capitals were appropriate.

Mike
Mike

Re: 1955 CONESTOGA TRIM CLIPS

Postby Mike » 2016 Mar 05 Sat 9:57 am

The trim on my 55 wagon is pretty simple. This car has most (not all!) every piece of trim available, I think it would be considered the Regal trim package. It's the small half round trim like on many of the cars.

1. One piece is on top of door panel. goes from front to back.
2. The second piece is also a straight piece like the top one. It is mounted just below the arm rest, front to back, parallel to the top piece.
3. There is a rear piece that is mounted to line up with the lower piece on the door. It then curves up and hits the window molding just a head of the window post.

Hope that helps some.

Mike
Mike

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA