parts for sale, trim, O/d tranny, doors etc.

Buy-Sell-Trade, Wanted, Q&A, anything Conestoga!

parts for sale, trim, O/d tranny, doors etc.

Postby junk » 2009 Nov 03 Tue 8:30 pm

I have some miscellaneous parts from a 1955 Studebaker 2 door wagon to sell. I believe the wagon is a Champion Conestoga. I'm open to offers on everything so lets deal. I just didn't want to scrap this stuff with the rest of the rusty shell.

Belt line trim 7 pieces total. $75. It's in really nice shape. Appears I'm missing 2 pieces. I can get the hatch pieces if needed.

Windshield & chrome trim $100 - Chrome is in nice shape. Windshield is dirty, but doesn't appear to be cracked. If some one is interested I'll clean it up good and send better pictures. Windshield is curved.

Side trim 6 Pieces $50. Fender pieces are rough. Doors aren't bad. Quarter panel "knife" looking pieces are pretty good.

Dash - $100. Speedometer goes to 110MPH. Switches for lights and stuff are really cool looking toggle switches with black balls on the end.

Transmission $150. Appears to be a 3spd manual with Overdrive. I can give you all the switches and linkages. It is behind a 6cyl. It also has an aftermarket floor shifter on it.

Drivers and Passenger doors $100 for the pair. They will need patching on the inside bottoms and pinch welds.

Thanks,
Jeremy 712-441-7043
junk

Re: parts for sale, trim, O/d tranny, doors etc.

Postby Mike » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 10:16 am

Hey Jeremy -

Thanks for putting this stuff up here.

Are you willing / can you package up the windshield and head it to So. Cal. ?
How much do you want for proper packaging so it doesn't break during the trip ?

Thanks

Mike
Mike

Postby junk » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 11:30 am

Mike,

I'm not sure what I would need to do to protect this windshield. I'm thinking crate and heavy packing inside to ship it. I'm afraid a "windshield" box like I buy new glass in won't make the trip. I would crate it up for probably 50 dollars. I'm thinking 50 would be close to my crating materials cost. I would make a small pallet and then use chipboard to protect every side of the glass. I would also wrap the glass in bubble wrap and put peanuts in there also. Chrome trim with weatherstripping can just slip right in then. I would also do the shipping insurance so neither of us get hurt if it gets broken in shipping. Regarding shipping cost the crate will be pretty big and heavy to protect the glass. I'm in area code 51046 if you want to play with shipping prices. I'm guesstimating 100 for shipping. So I would think your looking at 250-300 to get this glass bought, crated, and shipped to you. I could be all wet on my shipping figures though.

Let me get some pictures for you of the glass so you can see it for yourself.

Do you need anything else? I'll work out package deals? I'll definitely sweeten the pot to move this stuff to a person that appreciates it. I don't want to store this stuff, but don't really have a use for much of it, just hate to throw it away. I really wish this wagon I bought was in better shape. It is just so rusty.

Oh, the rear bumper isn't too bad either if someone is hurting for one of those. The hood could be used if you were desperate because you didn't have one.

Stainless visor above the windshield? It's there and good. I would probably let it go for 100, but it's actually one of the pieces I wanted off this car.

Thanks,
Jeremy
junk

Postby hi-per al » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 6:33 pm

Jeremy...I assume that these parts are for an Ultra Vista wraparound windshied wagon. If this so Would you be kind enough to send me a photo or two of the beltline parts as I need better stuff than I have at this point in time? How much for the rear hatch pieces and what is thier condition? Thanx...Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby junk » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 9:22 pm

OK, I have pictures now.

Windshield - I cleaned it up and it looked better than I thought I included pictures of it. Now it was pulled from a car that has sat for probably 20 years. The windshield was absolutely filthy. It isn't perfectly clean yet, but it will clean up very nice. It does have a little clouding at the edges. I'm not sure if the pictures will show that.

Belt line trim. I have both pieces that go on the quarter panets, both pieces for the doors, all 3 pieces under the windshield. The hatch pieces appeared to be pot metal to me and appeared to have some pitting. The belt line trim might have several small dents, but looked very nice to me. I believe there are trim pieces (about 4" long & 4" tall) that go from the quarter trims to the doors I don't have these pieces. I was thinking 100 for all the beltline trim I have including the hatch trims. I only have 1 picture right now and it's not that good. If you need specific pictures to make sure these work for you please let me know.

All these parts came from the same vehicle and it did have a curved windshield. The rear hatch says canestoga. I'm not an expert on these by any means so please help me make sure I'm listing these correct.

Can I email people directly from this forum or is it just PM's?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Attachments
IMG_6648.JPG
IMG_6648.JPG (145.85 KiB) Viewed 21333 times
IMG_6730.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG (108.15 KiB) Viewed 21329 times
IMG_6729.JPG
IMG_6729.JPG (113.99 KiB) Viewed 21327 times
junk

Postby junk » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 9:50 pm

I should add. I still have the entire vehicle on my property if there is anything else you guys are looking for let me know. The car is beatup in the front and rusty but I can take a look if you tell me what you need.

Thanks,
Jeremy
junk

Postby hi-per al » 2009 Nov 04 Wed 10:06 pm

Jeremy...How are the rubber mouldings at the bottom rear stationary windows on the slider windows? What condition is the Conestoga emblem in? Also does the lower rear door still have a decent set of bumpers on the bottom where it contacts the body when closed? I would appreciate better pics of the potmetal pieces for the the back hatch door. Thanx again...Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Postby Mike » 2009 Nov 05 Thu 8:02 am

What condition is the Conestoga emblem in?

Ha...that's a joke right...?

Come on Al...
Bet ya a buck the script is not on the car...

Mike
Mike

Postby Mike » 2009 Nov 05 Thu 8:08 am

Jeremy -

The top picture is the windshield molding I presume..?

What condition is the interior..windshield molding in ? Is that a piece at your foot in the top picture ?
How about tail light housings, have, condition..?

Mike
Mike

Postby hi-per al » 2009 Nov 05 Thu 11:45 am

Mr. Mike... Fair Bet! Dont know if ya dont ask. I believe that the top pic is the beltline moulding pieces without the hatch door pot metal and latch assy.

Jeremy...You have mail.

Al
Live your Dreams
hi-per al

Next

Return to ALL THINGS CONESTOGA